Should I upgrade to SnowLeopard NOW!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dextor143, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

I have a macbook pro 15inch, 2.3GHz and 2GB RAM. I bought snow leopard the day it came out but didnt upgrade it as I saw too many people with problems, which was normal with any upgrade. I am just a basic Mac User, for surfing, watching movies, parrallel windows, and PS some times as well. Should I now upgrade to Snow Leopard? I do know that there is already one patch out to install....I do always backup with TimeMachines

My questions are,

Should I upgrade now?
    If yes then just upgrade or fresh install?
    If any how to use time machine to backup everything as it is?

I will really appreciate your help

2. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Snow Leopard is a painless install, should not cause any problems.

Just put in the disc and follow the instructions. No need to erase and install.

3. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

not right NOW, but maybe in 60 minutes you can.

4. Perrumpo macrumors 68000

Perrumpo

I concur.

SL is an easy upgrade that doesn't cause problems like Leopard did. The only reason not to upgrade yet is if there is an app that is vital to you that has not yet been updated for SL. Just make sure everything's updated before you install the new OS.

5. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Sl

I was in the same boat. Read about all the problems people were having. Finally, about a week ago I did the upgrade. No problems at all.

6. waynechriss macrumors regular

i upgraded a while ago and nothing bad happened to me. You won't notice any changes really, i hardly did. Got hard drive space back but also a very buggy iTunes that never froze on me when i was in 10.5.

7. Perrumpo macrumors 68000

Perrumpo

I didn't have a problem with iTunes freezing, but you did remind me that my sync setting for all iPods, iPhone, tv were reset.

8. goMac macrumors 603

I'd do it. I haven't really run into any problems, and 10.6.2 should mop up anything remaining.