Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Abscissa, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Abscissa macrumors regular

I could sell my ipod touch 3rd Gen 32GB for $200 with a case to some body. Well, I kinda want a new 4th gen. Should I? I've seen all of the complaints (light leaks, clicking, screen not lined up, etc etc) I know that problems with products are reported far more than with someone that has no problems. So what I'm asking is, who ISN'T having any problems with theres? I guess I could just go to the Apple Store and try it there (all the problems)

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Yep, get the 4g. Most of the problems aren't that noticeable.

3. prot0type macrumors regular

Sold my 3rd gen towards a 4th.

No problems, no regrets.

4. Abscissa thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just saying. Light leak is annoying but I'd have it in a case ASAP (it probably wouldn't be used until I got one). But my current one is fine t I like o have the new stuff haha. Anyways I guess if this dude actually buys it I'll get it. But I'll be an instant bitch in the apple store haha

5. flytrumpet macrumors member

I sold my 3G and got the 4...I have no regrets whatsoever...I find it much faster,and the screen is also much better.

6. HK6 macrumors newbie

I upgrade from an 8gb 2nd gen to a 4th gen and I love it. I put a case on it as soon as I got it so I don't know about light leak but I haven't had any battery problems yet.

7. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Get one from Costco. You'll have 90 days to decide if you really need it. Also, no restocking fees if you return it.

8. Kamakzie macrumors member

I just sold my 3rd gen 64 on Amazon for $221 after fees. I think I might buy the new model every year if the features are worth while.

9. Abscissa thread starter macrumors regular

You guys think I should take $175 for it and just go buy a new 32GB? As with most people on CraigsList everyone inquires and never responds...

10. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

No,keep your 3G,there going to have problems for a awhile,it's a new product anyways.I ordered a touch like yours over a 32GB 4G.

11. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Patience

I would wait for some time. You should let the new iPods settle and let Apple resolve all the issues with the new devices. There are no cases and screen protectors out yet.