Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emoeric, Dec 13, 2010.

  1. emoeric macrumors member

    Jul 24, 2006
    My white iphone 3GS 32gb just bit the dust. I have squaretrade and they are allowing me a replacement phone. sweet! The trick is do I get the iphone that is out right now, wait til january to see if they update the skin/ casing of the existing iphone4 (due to a verizon announcement and in turn update AT&T iphone as well) or do I postpone and wait until summer 2011?

    I find waiting until 2011 almost impossible and wonder if they are going to announce Iphone 5. Or will they do an Iphone4GS, with even faster network speeds, bigger screen, blah blah blah. Will the update be critical (iphone 5 rumors of location based computing, paying with the swipe of a phone)?

    I find the second option to be most feasible, but would like to test out the online community.

  2. tersono macrumors 68000


    Jan 18, 2005
    New iPhone in June/July. Not before - Apple are on a 12 month cycle on iOS devices. Who cares - if you need it now, get it now... Whatever you get, it'll be out of date in 12 months anyhow, so just get what you need and get on with your life... :rolleyes:
  3. emoeric thread starter macrumors member

    Jul 24, 2006

Share This Page