Should I upgrade???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WildCatStud333, Sep 20, 2015.

1. WildCatStud333 macrumors newbie

I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB. Which I love. I'm wanting to know if I should upgrade to the 6S plus. What's the benefits??? Where's the best place to sale my 6 plus if I do upgrade??? I'm really loving the camera and the speed of the 6S plus. I've went to Apple Store app and almost ordered 3 times but every time I back out. You guys and gals input is much needed and would be great fully appreciated.

2. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

Wait. You will see some youtubers compare the two once the 6s/6s plus comes out.

3. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. Thank you

4. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

5. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why's that???

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If your 6 plus is flawless, I'd say keep it.

My 6 plus would crash daily, sold it and my 5S was flawless, so I am upgrading .

My opinion is that the 6 plus needed more than 1GB of ram, hence my and others constant crashes. If by your usage you are not experiencing issues, it's a great phone, I'm upgrading mainly for the ram, the other things are just gimmicks/incremental upgrades.

7. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks. Sorry I posted this like 5 times. Didn't know it ever posted cuz every time I tried it said error. Thanks for your input

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Though I said keep the 6, order the 6S and try it for 2 weeks, otherwise you will always be guessing if you should upgrade. Apples excellent return policy covers your exact scenario.

Side by side, you will make a better decision using both.

9. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

I might just do that. Thanks

10. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Why wait? This video should explain most of the differences:

11. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

What are you getting over the 6 - screen better? nope
    Will the performance increase help with anything? nope
    Has the design changed? Nope
    Has the bugs been fixed? Nope

So what are you changing to - I'm not even sure you can call it an upgrade, just a new release.
    I've ordered one but I have a 5, not a 6

12. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

The 2GB ram for the plus in my books is the biggest winner.

I'd argue performance benefits from that alone. In my case and usage anyway .

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If you're not happy or are having issues with your current one, then yeah upgrade. Otherwise you can just upgrade it when the 7 comes along.

14. Marcellus macrumors member

Marcellus

As other posters have suggested, why don't you wait and see just how much the 6s Plus has improved over the 6 Plus? You will then more to go on than just specs, i.e, is it really 70% faster as Apple says? Stronger aluminum design? Better glass screen? etc.

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Love my 6 Plus. Upgrading for 1) cam 2) RAM 3) 3D Touch.

Those three are more than enough to sell me on the S.

16. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I have a 6+ 64gb, and I only preordered the 6S (no plus) because I want to downsize. Otherwise, I would have just kept my 6+, and wait for 7+. The "upgrade" from 6+ to 6S+ is not that big deal to me. I never felt any lag or issue on my 6+ that other reported.

17. Indian Devil macrumors regular

2 gb ram is the biggest factor but not enough for me to upgrade. Will wait for next release.

18. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

I always say if I hesitate over buying something then most of the time I am better not buying it.

19. redman042 macrumors 68020

Between that and the much faster CPU, it'll feel like a much more powerful device. For power users trying to do many things in parallel, it will make a big difference. I'm really looking forward to it. The 3D Touch coupled with the haptics is icing on the cake and really intriguing. Can't wait to experience it myself.

20. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

The camera is what has me wanting it.

21. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Considering as how you've already missed the proverbial boat on pre-orders, you might as well wait until the end of the week or two for the 6s+ to be reviewed by the professionals and average joes alike before you pull the trigger now. Apple has a way of super accentuating the positive in its keynote presentations. Who knows, the consensus may be that the average schmoe can't really tell a difference.

22. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for their input. Sorry for the error with the original posts. I am most likely going to keep my 6 plus

23. Whtchdr macrumors member

Unless you are like me and have to have the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out, I would wait. If you intend on upgrading every year, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, the iPhone 7 will undoubtedly be a better choice for people who currently have the 6/6+.

24. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

25. WildCatStud333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. I just don't wanna waste my money. LOL. I'll wait till some reviews come out this week.