Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCatStud333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB. Which I love. I'm wanting to know if I should upgrade to the 6S plus. What's the benefits??? Where's the best place to sale my 6 plus if I do upgrade??? I'm really loving the camera and the speed of the 6S plus. I've went to Apple Store app and almost ordered 3 times but every time I back out. You guys and gals input is much needed and would be great fully appreciated.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
If your 6 plus is flawless, I'd say keep it.

My 6 plus would crash daily, sold it and my 5S was flawless, so I am upgrading .

My opinion is that the 6 plus needed more than 1GB of ram, hence my and others constant crashes. If by your usage you are not experiencing issues, it's a great phone, I'm upgrading mainly for the ram, the other things are just gimmicks/incremental upgrades.

Reactions: clyde2801

WildCatStud333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
If your 6 plus is flawless, I'd say keep it.

My 6 plus would crash daily, sold it and my 5S was flawless, so I am upgrading .

My opinion is that the 6 plus needed more than 1GB of ram, hence my and others constant crashes. If by your usage you are not experiencing issues, it's a great phone, I'm upgrading mainly for the ram, the other things are just gimmicks/incremental upgrades.
Ok thanks. Sorry I posted this like 5 times. Didn't know it ever posted cuz every time I tried it said error. Thanks for your input

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Though I said keep the 6, order the 6S and try it for 2 weeks, otherwise you will always be guessing if you should upgrade. Apples excellent return policy covers your exact scenario.

Side by side, you will make a better decision using both.

WildCatStud333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Though I said keep the 6, order the 6S and try it for 2 weeks, otherwise you will always be guessing if you should upgrade. Apples excellent return policy covers your exact scenario.

Side by side, you will make a better decision using both.
I might just do that. Thanks

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
Why's that???
What are you getting over the 6 - screen better? nope
Will the performance increase help with anything? nope
Has the design changed? Nope
Has the bugs been fixed? Nope

So what are you changing to - I'm not even sure you can call it an upgrade, just a new release.
I've ordered one but I have a 5, not a 6

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
What are you getting over the 6 - screen better? nope
Will the performance increase help with anything? nope
Has the design changed? Nope
Has the bugs been fixed? Nope

So what are you changing to - I'm not even sure you can call it an upgrade, just a new release.
I've ordered one but I have a 5, not a 6

The 2GB ram for the plus in my books is the biggest winner.

I'd argue performance benefits from that alone. In my case and usage anyway .

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
As other posters have suggested, why don't you wait and see just how much the 6s Plus has improved over the 6 Plus? You will then more to go on than just specs, i.e, is it really 70% faster as Apple says? Stronger aluminum design? Better glass screen? etc.

Reactions: WildCatStud333

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I have a 6+ 64gb, and I only preordered the 6S (no plus) because I want to downsize. Otherwise, I would have just kept my 6+, and wait for 7+. The "upgrade" from 6+ to 6S+ is not that big deal to me. I never felt any lag or issue on my 6+ that other reported.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
The 2GB ram for the plus in my books is the biggest winner.

I'd argue performance benefits from that alone. In my case and usage anyway .

Between that and the much faster CPU, it'll feel like a much more powerful device. For power users trying to do many things in parallel, it will make a big difference. I'm really looking forward to it. The 3D Touch coupled with the haptics is icing on the cake and really intriguing. Can't wait to experience it myself.

WildCatStud333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Between that and the much faster CPU, it'll feel like a much more powerful device. For power users trying to do many things in parallel, it will make a big difference. I'm really looking forward to it. The 3D Touch coupled with the haptics is icing on the cake and really intriguing. Can't wait to experience it myself.
The camera is what has me wanting it.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Considering as how you've already missed the proverbial boat on pre-orders, you might as well wait until the end of the week or two for the 6s+ to be reviewed by the professionals and average joes alike before you pull the trigger now. Apple has a way of super accentuating the positive in its keynote presentations. Who knows, the consensus may be that the average schmoe can't really tell a difference.

WildCatStud333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Thanks everyone for their input. Sorry for the error with the original posts. I am most likely going to keep my 6 plus

Whtchdr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
Unless you are like me and have to have the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out, I would wait. If you intend on upgrading every year, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, the iPhone 7 will undoubtedly be a better choice for people who currently have the 6/6+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.