Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skylitfly, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

I'm extremely tempted to switch to S cycle this time.

I already have iPhone 6 but the reason I'm tempted to upgrade are going for bigger screen (6S+) and for 64Gb of storage. My current iP 6 has 16Gb and while it's manageable I still think I need slightly more.

I'd also get to enjoy 3D touch and new cameras etc.

Would you upgrade in my situation? From 16Gb iPhone 6 to 64Gb iPhone 6S+.

2. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

I would. You won't be disappointed by the 6s Plus & the 64GB will make you feel better (lol).

You're gonna get a much better battery, everything that the 6s has, a bigger and sharper screen..

And I feel like s models are made to last for years without upgrades.

3. CassandraLee425 macrumors member

CassandraLee425

Just for the fact that your current is only 16GB. I don't know why Apple doesn't start their base models at 32GB... Think I'm having flashbacks of my first iPhone with 8GB.

4. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

You are a victim of Apples lies about 16gb. Upgrade but try out the larger phone and think about storage and how long you will keep the phone. A plus model could be used for years and years even after you stop using it as s phone. Maybe go 128?

5. CassandraLee425 macrumors member

CassandraLee425

Go big or go home!

6. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I upgraded from 6+ to the 6S+ and it was a worthy upgrade in my opinion. 2GB of ram makes a world of difference if you use your phone a lot.

7. ostrykolesz macrumors member

I was exactly like you. Thought about the new features: 3D touch, memory, camera, etc... Once I got my 6S+ I was blown away by the speed. It's just worth it because of the speed.

PS-sign up for the beta program when you get it, the UI stutters with out the beta

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

If money is not object. Yes. Get the s models.

9. nabwong, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

nabwong macrumors regular

I upgrade from a 5 to a 6s+. My wife bought a 6 last year and I was super jealous of it. But I wanted to wait because of 2gb ram. I'm so glad I waited and I'm so glad I got the + model. The screen size, battery life and ram are all worth the upgrade. I don't find it too big at all. I can still use it one handed with a strap. I use a ringke slim case. Minimal refreshing of safari. Stays in my pocket just fine. The 6 feels so much smaller compared to the +. My wife remarked how much nicer it is to read on the +.

10. koulmj macrumors 6502

Yes, upgrade!

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

By the way. The 6 4.7 outsold the 6 plus 5.5 model by around a 70/30 ratio.

Clearly the posters on these message board don't represent the general public. Reasons why the 4.7 inch sell better probably are a combination of pricing and form factor.

I own 6 plus and now 6S plus.

My wife didn't want the 6 plus last year so I sold hers. She actually still prefers the 5S but that phone was dying on her. So u got her the 6S which she seems to like better than the 6s plus.

12. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I agree. I upgraded from the 6+ 64gb to the 6s 128gb.

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Your iPhone 6 is in working condition and is paid off. You've already spent a year with it. I would just try to hold out for another year and reach for the iPhone 7, next time maxing out storage.

14. Mstikes macrumors member

Mstikes

I bought the 6s and I find it even faster than my iPad Air 2.

15. Skylitfly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, this is the option that makes the most sense. However, it's still almost a year till iPhone 7. And chances are iPhone 7 is just redesigned iPhone 6S just like the 6 was basically redesigned 5S.

If I upgrade to 6S now I could wait for 7S or even 8 for the next upgrade.

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Haha. If you really want to buy the 6S now, go ahead! There are equal chances that the 7 could be a mind blowing upgrade as it could just be another mindless "evolution". We do not know. Given that, it makes financial sense to keep a functional paid off phone as long as you can. However, if you "want" that new shiny gadget, and you can afford it, then you do not need to ask anyone - just go get it.

17. dolphin2421 macrumors member

dolphin2421

If you're chafing at your phone's limitations, go try out the new models at the Apple Store.

The 6s+ video quality & speed are worth the upgrade IMHO.

Will the 7 be better? Certainly! But for now, the 6s+ is the best new thing. How bad can that be?

18. mrwilly25 macrumors member

I had the iPhone 6 16GB and upgraded to the 6s Plus 64GB. It was well worth it and love it.

I upgraded to be on the S cycle as well.

19. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I agree had the 6+ and I loved it -it's packed up to be sent back to Verizon and the 6s+ is worth my upgrade -smoother experience IMO. Hoping next year 7+ brings a smaller bezel and a black color option

20. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I went from a 64GB 6 to a 128GB 6s Plus and I am loving it. The main reason I went from 64GB to 128 GB is because the difference in monthly payment between the two on the AUP was only about $4, so I went for it. I figure this way I'll never worry about storage.

I sold my 6 just this past week on Swappa for $460.

21. redman042 macrumors 68020

If you've ever been frustrated by web page reloads, crashes, or lag when loading complex websites or jumping between pages/apps, then definitely upgrade.

The S models perform like a fast desktop computer. It's pretty amazing.

22. Skylitfly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well... I just pulled the trigger and ordered 64Gb iPhone 6S+ in Gold color. What ever. At the moment I have a huge buyers remorse but I bet it will be gone as soon as I get my hands on the phone. :D

PS. My bank account hurts. :D

23. Skylitfly thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's here! Writing this post on my 6S+. It was definitely worth it. I should have gone + already with the 6. Love the size. So much room for content. I'm super excited! :D