Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Teeps.O, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Teeps.O macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum and I just got my new 32gb Ipod Touch. I am loving it.

I have been reading mixed reviews about the upgrade to 2.0. Should I wait till the next fixed version? My Ipod Touch has been running smoothly since I upgraded to 1.1.5.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

That all depends if you want to install third party Apps on your iPod Touch or not. If you don't mind waiting then wait and save a little money since the 2.0 firmware does have its bugs. On the flip side, the bugs aren't terrible. You have theoccasional App that will start and the go right back to the home screen and rarely a random restart when using a third party app. I hope this helps.

3. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Yeah, there are bugs, but I don't regret upgrading even the slightest bit, and I haven't for even a moment.

A 2.1 update won't fix 3rd party App bugs. But many apps are already releasing updates to fix their bugs!

Update, man. You won't regret. :D

4. Teeps.O thread starter macrumors newbie

How about the stability of 2.0 itself? People have been mentioning about the overheating/battery life/unwanted backup on sync etc.

I would love install 3rd party apps as well as get the new features. I am hoping that the 2.0 would solve some syncing issues with my Outlook 2003.

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Stability has been great. The only issues I've had were with apps crashing on me, not the iPod itself.

Overheating, poor WiFi, iPod melting, etc.... I haven't experienced any of these things. The only difference I note is battery life, but that's only because I'm using my Touch more than EVER thanks to all these awesome apps :D :D :D

But, there are apparently issues. None have affected me, but apparently it has affected others. I don't think it's much of a risk: Yes there a bunch of posts about complaints, but how many people are going to post when everything is great? :)

6. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

Even if you have to deal with a couple bugs or apps crashing its totally worth it. There are so many apps to choose from and tons of them are free.

7. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I am extremely happy with the 2.0 upgrade. Most of what I did before on my Ipod Touch was surf the net and watch movies. Now I have a ton of apps and I hardly ever surf the net or watch movies ;)

I have had very minor problems since the upgrade and none that would stop me from buying it again

Eric