Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RUnited, Nov 9, 2008.

1. RUnited macrumors newbie

Last week I got the new MacBook 2.4ghz (upgraded to 4gb RAM) as a gift. The buyer was kind enough to think that I would have wanted to upgrade from the old MacBook White... unfortunately after using it for a week, I'm finding this laptop redundant. I have a MacBook Air which I use for work and my old MacBook White does simple things likes iPhoto and web surfing at home. the new MacBook is way too powerful for that.

So I got the idea to start playing games. Spending the last week playing games on this thing I find that things could be better. It's not bad, but it isn't fantastic. I quite like to play game on PC, so I was wondering if I should simply just upgrade my MacBook to MacBook Pro 2.53ghz.

I've read in several places that MacBook Pro 2.4 isn't that much better than MacBook 2.4, so I think it's probably best I switch to MacBook Pro 2.53.

Now my question is whether I should do it. I will have no other use for the new machine except to play game. I can't buy a desktop as I have no place for it at home. I don't want other PC laptops since I can't stand the look of anything else. And the thought of having to be stuck on XP or Vista scares the living hell out of me.

What would you guys do? My choices:

1. Sell the MacBook 2.4ghz for loss and keep cash
    2. Keep it and sell the MacBook White
    3. Sell and buy MacBook Pro 2.53ghz - I would probably need to spend about US$1000 to do this. I live in Thailand and the shops here don't accept switching up.

Please help!! I'm torn and have been giving myself a headache for 2-3 days now thinking what I should do...

2. RUnited thread starter macrumors newbie

Please also take into considerations all the problems everyone keeps throwing in here about the MBP. Bad trackpad, loose parts, overheating, sleeping issues, etc.

My MacBook is physically perfect, but there is the bad display. The vertical angle is awful and the colour is washed out in the bottom 3rd of the screen even after calibration.

3. Apple addict macrumors member

Sell the MB 2.4 and get the MBP.

Better screen for sure. My MPB was perfect, I have not had any of the problems you mentioned.

Gary