Should I Use A Glass Protector On the iPhone 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MichaelMidnight, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Just got my 7+ and I'm hoping to keep it into the 8+ but I'm wondering with this new round of phones and screen glass, like my title asks, should I use a glass screen protector?

I've hear the glasses now are stronger against breaking but the trade off is that it gets small scratches easily which I can attest to since I sustained some on my 6s+. I do have AppleCare+ but that's only good for two instances.

What are your thoughts!

2. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I'm wondering that too... I'm debating whether or not to invest in one.

3. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

To quickly follow up on my cases and screen protector saga, I tried the new 7 Plus silicone and while they are of a softer make, THEY BLOODY STILL ATTRACT DUST AND LINT WHILE IN ONE'S POCKET. So sadly I returned it, while it did have a nice grip! I then tried the 7 Plus Leather case but it was too damned slick and slippery. And I know it needs time to patina and form a natural grip but since I use my phone for a lot of pictures, that was not an option.

Surprisingly though, I did pick up a black on black, Speck Presidio Grip case for my 7 Plus and I'll be damned if it's not a slick looking case. The grip works wonderful, suits my needs, gathers no dust, and even aesthetically, it's pleasing to me. So for now, I think I'm good. Back when I had a 6s Plus, my main case was the Evolutive Labs' SolidSuit series leather case! That was nice and premium and had a good grip. There's one slated for the 7 and 7 Plus but that's gonna take a while.

On the screen protector side, I previously used one of Spigen's Glas.tr glass protectors and found it suitable. It wasn't edge to edge but it did the job. This round though, I'm hearing good things about Ace Teah and ordered a set of three. So far the reviews have been good.

If anyone's interested:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L88R30M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IRY5xb81CT4GJ

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Would like to see pics of that screen protector when installed. Thus far many product pages as this one just have pics of the packaging

5. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I haven't used any sort of screen protector in many years. Up until this next year....I have sold my phones every year so I try to keep them as nice as I can.

Ive only ever had tiny little micro scratches by the end of the year. You would have to hold the phone up to the light just right to see them. But never had it scratched or ruined. ;)

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

7. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Ive had good luck with the Anker tempered glass S/P's.

Currently using the new Belkin one I had installed at the Apple Store.

8. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

How is the Belkin one? For that price I hope there's no rainbow effect or visual artifacts.

9. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

It's extremely overpriced. It's not edge to edge but there's no halo and seems to fit pretty good, and covers the visible screen area. They installed it using that machine they have provided by Belkin.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Is there edge to edge coverage as bad as the 6+ screen coverage?

I am going without a screen protector.