Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I know, it sounds dirty! But seriously, I think it feels better without protection. I've never used one on my iPhones. Have had them since 2007. Replace them every 18-24 months. Slight wear but nothing major. Have only broken one screen. I've looked at the Apple covers and cases for the iPad. A little pricy but they look nice. IPhones are usually in my pocket while the iPad is always on some surface. It would probably be better to protect this one but I don't want to give up the feeling of it in its natural state.

Can't be the only one that feels this way. Suggestions?

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
I regret after not using a case and denting the bottom of my iPad on my bedside cabinet, but it hasn't been enough to prompt me to buy a case.
It doesn't leave the house, if I travelled with it I may think differently.
Always use protection...
:rolleyes:

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Ouch! I'd probably sit in the corner crying like a little girl! I currently use it for navigation and to take pictures when it leaves the house. Those things along with all of the usual use and my kids play games on it. I've been carrying it in the box it came in. Not very attractive.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Do whatever works for you. It really doesn't matter if others feel the same way or not. It's a subjective matter and there are countless prior threads on the topic if you really want opinions from others.

Mine lives in a leather case but that really doesn't mean anything to anyone else as my preferences are my own. Even if you do decide on protection what to specifically use is still a subjective matter.

ziffos

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
East Coast of UK
I know, it sounds dirty! But seriously, I think it feels better without protection. I've never used one on my iPhones. Have had them since 2007. Replace them every 18-24 months. Slight wear but nothing major. Have only broken one screen. I've looked at the Apple covers and cases for the iPad. A little pricy but they look nice. IPhones are usually in my pocket while the iPad is always on some surface. It would probably be better to protect this one but I don't want to give up the feeling of it in its natural state.

I love the "natural state" but soon realized that my "investment" would damage very easily (no different to my other iPads then?) so, on my iPad3, I now have a clear silicone back, Apple Smart Cover and screen protector.

"Protection" must surely be the rule!! :D

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
After much thought and looking at them in Best Buy tonight, I think I'm going to go with the Apple Case. Seems like it's durable and has enough function to be worth the price. Plus I can slide it out of the case pretty quick if I want to use it in it's natural state. But who knows, maybe I will think the case is fine. Guess I'll do some searching to see if I can find it for less than $49.00

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
It's so easy to protect your iPad from the inevitable, doesn't make sense to me not to do it. I've got a Smart Cover on mine and a frost Caudabe Shell (http://www.caudabe.com/collections/ipad-accessories/products/ipad23-shell-frost) on the back. Combo looks great and had saved my iPad more than once.

jcliden

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
San Diego
always feels better without protection. but are you willing to risk it? (feels like it applies to everything in life :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.