Should I wait a bit? (Manufacturing question)

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Maybe it's just a crazy worry, but I feel as if the first models of the New New iPad might be manufactured too fast and might have flaws like backlighting, etc.

Should I wait about two weeks to buy the iPad?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Okay well I'm buying it with Best Buy (Using my Best Buy Credit card so I don't have to pay all at once lol) any way to reserve it?

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
If you haven't pre-ordered yet you have no choice but to wait a little bit.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Maybe it's just a crazy worry, but I feel as if the first models of the New New iPad might be manufactured too fast and might have flaws like backlighting, etc.

Should I wait about two weeks to buy the iPad?
If you don't order soon you will have to wait two weeks...or longer.

iPads are not manufactured like the chocolates in the Lucy working in the chocolate factory episode. Yes, there will be imperfect units, even imperfect parts, but that's going to happen every week of production. So go ahead and order if you want one. Waiting isn't going insure you of anything other than your purchase will be delayed.

(And yes, I practice what I preach -- mines being shipped today in fact. Woohoo!)

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
There are no need for fears. Apple has top notch customer service. If there is an issue with the device you just take to an apple store and you immediately will get a new unit.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
If you don't order soon you will have to wait two weeks...or longer.

iPads are not manufactured like the chocolates in the Lucy working in the chocolate factory episode. Yes, there will be imperfect units, even imperfect parts, but that's going to happen every week of production. So go ahead and order if you want one. Waiting isn't going insure you of anything other than your purchase will be delayed.

(And yes, I practice what I preach -- mines being shipped today in fact. Woohoo!)
Oh it's fine. I'm not in a rush. I'll probably find one since I don't live in a city, but not pueblo. Sort of in between. A town lol.