Should I wait a month for the MBP 13?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by idratherknow, Dec 30, 2009.

  1. idratherknow macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    #1
    I'm interested in buying a new macbook pro 13" low end, and while I was planning on purchasing it in the next week or so, I was wondering if now was really the best time to buy. Since 2009 is nearly over, is iLife '09 and all of the other applications going to seem outdated in a few months? Will I simply have to spend more money to update and regret buying it now? I'm not in dire need of a laptop now, but I'd rather have it now than later. What is your suggestion? Should I just wait to see if any updates happen around January?
     
  2. idratherknow thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    #2
    I know this isn't a new topic, but cmonnn this is hard
     
  3. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

    IlikeMacsSoMuch

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Location:
    Blainville, Province of Quebec
    #3
    hope this will help

    Hi, first if you look at the buyer's guide of this website you will see that the macbook pro is very likely to be upgraded in the very near future, so if you want the latest MBP you might want to wait a few more weeks. I don't know if and when a 2010 version of ILIFE is going to come out.

    Last year in october 08 I bought my MBP and it came with ILIFE 08 and I was really satisfied with it until last october when I updated to Snow Leopard. My wife as the same MBP than I with ILIFE 08 and she is very satisfied with it.

    So if you get ILIFE 09, there is a big chance that you might be good with it for a long time, unless like me you absolutely need to have the latest!

    If the present model of MBP is right for you, you could wait for the update to come out then go at Bestbuy or Futureshop to buy the current model with a good discount. That's what I did last year and I saved about 400$.

    So one way or the other it could be good to wait until the end of january.
     
  4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

    zer0tails

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #4
    wait because if new ones come out on the 26th you'll regret it.
     
  5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

    pukifloyd

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Location:
    Scottsdale
  6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

    angemon89

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Location:
    The place where Apple designs stuff
    #6
    At this point I say wait too. But don't expect significant changes to the 13"

    My guess is maybe just a processor and HD bump.
     
  7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

    Badger^2

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2009
    Location:
    Sacramento
    #7
    Yup.

    High end 13" MPB becomes low end 13" MBP, same $1199 price.
     
  8. georgeadbb macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    #8
    is the low end 13 MBP going to have 4gb ram too? :confused:
     

Share This Page