Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baaadboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I need a new mac for myself and the current MBP 15" will be more than enough for what I do. But I will probably feel bad when a new case redesign comes out just a few months after I buy it.

Or should I just buy the new 2011 Air 13"?
Both the Air and MBP 15 have the same resolution so either one will be fine with me, but extra power of the MBP while not required would be nice, since I am a programmer.

Please help

p3gamer

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
I've decided to wait.

I fight this urge everyday. I have a late 2008 unibody entry-level MacBook and have maxed it out as much as I can. Running virtualization is slow for me, so I have to use Bootcamp. I use Xcode 4 and really haven't had any problems with performance.

Why I am waiting:

- I would like a Thunderbolt display, but that isn't ready for another 6-8 weeks.
- Not many Thunderbolt drives out yet (waiting on companies like LaCie).
- I am not ready for a MacBook Air (even though they are beautiful machines).
- I too, may feel bad for not waiting a bit longer.

The 2011 MBPs have been out for almost 6 months. I can wait another 6-8 months. When those MBPs come out, another batch of people will contemplate waiting for the late 2012/early 2013 model, and so on, and so on.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Me too, waiting for 2012 ... With all those rumors of new cases ... Plus wasn't there a rumor about a sucessor of SandyBridge ? I skip 2011, keep the pocket money together to blow out of window in 2012

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.