Should I wait for a deal on the rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thomasec, Nov 3, 2013.

1. thomasec macrumors newbie

I'm pretty much set on a 15" rMBP, and can probably hold out till the end of the year before upgrading. If I don't absolutely need it now, is it worth it to wait and see if any promotions/discounts come up between now and Christmas?

2. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

You might get a nice deal on Black Friday, probably around $101 if I remember correctly last year. I don't recall there being significant discounts around Christmas.

3. thomasec thread starter macrumors newbie

Would something like that be better than the educational discount or macmall prices? It just seems like unless a vendor who doesn't charge tax offers some sort of discount, it might be better to just pick it up now.

4. Kevzaz macrumors newbie

I rarely see sales on macs.. Best bet is refurbished.

5. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Haha yup almost never comes up. About 2 years ago the best deal I ever saw was when amazon had 20% off macbooks. Never again have I seen an amazing deal!

6. neteng101 macrumors 65816

You're better picking it up now if you quality for any sort of discount like the educational one or a corporate discount if you're with a large company that has some corporate discounts from Apple.

Beyond those, only refurbs or clearance when Apple introduces the next lineup will get you better values. Clearance pricing on discontinued models has always provided the biggest discounts on new MBPs. But you'll always be a generation behind if you go this route.

7. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

This. That's what I'm waiting for, personally.

8. sheareb macrumors regular

If you are UK based, pay have a mega sale on (today being the last day). Today's offers include a base MacBook pro (latest version) at £899 instead of rep £1099 so very good price if you can't get uni discount. ,

Sale is through a merchant but seems to be reliable and were selling MacBook airs (again 2013 model) for £699 on Friday.

9. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Does it stack with the edu discount?

10. pat.micunnis macrumors regular