Should i wait for a New MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Amnak, Jan 25, 2010.

  1. Amnak macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    #1
    Hi there I'm trying to get advice on weather or not to get the new MBP that might be announced on wednesday. I know this is all hypothetical, but do you guys think it'll be worth it. I had a non unibody 07 MBP that went dead while i was under Best Buy warranty. I was funded the amount of the current MBP so im stuck at a price point. Would it benefit me to get the current one or the new one. Is i5 a big deal, will battery life suffer and do you think the price of it will go up. p.s. I forgot to mention im talking solely about 15 inch MBP's
     
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
  3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

    t0mat0

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Home
    #3
    If you can wait for a month and want an upgraded model - do that.
    Read the the mbp threads in the subforum for the answers :)
     
  4. beaner454 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2003
    #4
    Well what do you use your machine for?

    If you're doing web, mail, word processing, music, photo editing, etc... I'd say go and pick up your new machine now. There's a chance that Apple might update the machines on wednesday, but they seem to already have a lot for that event and might wait a few weeks to pop out new notebooks.

    The i5 is definitely a better processor than the core2duo, but it shines in bigger tasks like Handbrake DVD rips, rendering, & gaming. If you don't do anything like that you probably won't notice much of a difference.

    As always it comes down to if you can wait, wait. If you need it now, go and by it now. It sounds like you need it now, if you can wait until wednesday great! Worst case if you buy today, and Apple releases a updated machine on wednesday you can get a price adjustment or return it and pay the restocking fee.
     
  5. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    #5
    Haha well I can wait it took me from august till this last saturday to fight Best Buy tooth and nail for my replacement refund. Im a graphic designer and if i5 does definitely out perform core2 then it's worth it. let's hope the stars aline and it does appear wednesday for the same price.
     
  6. Habitus macrumors 6502a

    Habitus

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Where ever my life takes me...
    #6
    Just wait.

    Habitus :apple:
     
  7. BlackBlade macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2010
    #7
    what is the ammount of time you have to return it and/or replace it with a new model?
     
  8. Corrode macrumors 6502a

    Corrode

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2008
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    #8
    One day? Honestly? This deserved a thread?

    I can't wait till after Wednesday and we have hundreds of new threads entitled "Is it a good time to buy the iSlate?"
     
  9. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

    Badger^2

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2009
    Location:
    Sacramento
    #10
    No, no, no.

    Its going to be "when will rev 2 be available? I got burned by the 27" iMac Rev A, I dont want that to happen again..." or "Should I wait for Rev B, since the Rev A iMacs were so bad."
     

Share This Page