Should I wait for a new release of the macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yofunky1, Aug 29, 2009.

1. yofunky1 macrumors newbie

I know the newest macbook pro has been out for a couple months now. I have not bought a new laptop in 5 years so I want to make sure that I don't make a stupid purchase and have a new one come out right after. does anyone know of a new macbook coming out anytime soon? I am not in a rush so I can wait if something brilliant is coming out soon. Thanks in advance!

2. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

There are at least 20 other threads on this, as well as Buyer's Guide.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

Use them.

But I'm a nice guy man, so I'll answer your question. If you need it now, buy now. If you don't, wait. There will always be another update around the corner.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't forsee the MBP being updated until the end of this year or early next year.

3. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

I am on the same situation as you, just that the machine that I'll be replacing is only about 3 years old.

If you NEED it, buy now - should be okay.
    If you can wait like you say, then hold tight to your cash (or plastic) and buy one when they are updated again in a few months or early next year.

I still haven't decided what to do. Good luck.

4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Am in the same boat..since my blackbook was stolen in a burglary. I am waiting for the insurance payment to decide what I will do.

I obviously want a replacement ASAP (especially since I'm stuck with a ****** windows packard bell netbook a friend is letting me borrow :eek:) but I could wait only IF the next iteration brought something out of the ordirary, i.e. not a .3 bump in Ghz or an extra 20 GB in HD and a slightly improved graphics card

If say the next update is a jump akin to the CD to C2D jump then I would wait... otherwise I will buy as soon as I have the money in my hands.

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

This was a pretty major rev for the MacBook Pro line, I wouldn't expect anything so big next time around. So if you need a computer now, it's not a bad time to buy at all.

6. brendu macrumors 68020

Exactly how i felt, so i just picked up the 13inch pro and im not sorry... any coming update will only bring things like a faster bus speed and processor, maybe bigger SSD options... none of which will make that much difference... Now is a great time if your ready.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not too mention, it wasn't that long ago. Buy now if you need it.

8. culturekiller macrumors newbie

so when did this last line of macbooks come out?

and how many months in between each release usually happen? i heard the next installment should have blu-ray installed in it.

i too am willing to wait but since i haven't been into apple at all before, i'm not sure if the last macbook was a super revamp..or an ordinaryish upgrade to the previous kind.

i just signed up for this forum so im about to start my research. if the first question could be answered tho..

win =)

9. culturekiller macrumors newbie

question answered in the link posted earlier in the thread.

exactly answered me. wow.