Should I wait for a new release of the macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yofunky1, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. yofunky1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #1
    I know the newest macbook pro has been out for a couple months now. I have not bought a new laptop in 5 years so I want to make sure that I don't make a stupid purchase and have a new one come out right after. does anyone know of a new macbook coming out anytime soon? I am not in a rush so I can wait if something brilliant is coming out soon. Thanks in advance!
     
  2. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

    mgridgaway

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    #2
    There are at least 20 other threads on this, as well as Buyer's Guide.

    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

    Use them.

    But I'm a nice guy man, so I'll answer your question. If you need it now, buy now. If you don't, wait. There will always be another update around the corner.

    If it makes you feel any better, I don't forsee the MBP being updated until the end of this year or early next year.
     
  3. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2005
    Location:
    Hollywood, FL
    #3
    I am on the same situation as you, just that the machine that I'll be replacing is only about 3 years old.

    If you NEED it, buy now - should be okay.
    If you can wait like you say, then hold tight to your cash (or plastic) and buy one when they are updated again in a few months or early next year.

    I still haven't decided what to do. Good luck.
     
  4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

    MarlboroLite

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    the 13 colonies
    #4
    Am in the same boat..since my blackbook was stolen in a burglary. I am waiting for the insurance payment to decide what I will do.

    I obviously want a replacement ASAP (especially since I'm stuck with a ****** windows packard bell netbook a friend is letting me borrow :eek:) but I could wait only IF the next iteration brought something out of the ordirary, i.e. not a .3 bump in Ghz or an extra 20 GB in HD and a slightly improved graphics card

    If say the next update is a jump akin to the CD to C2D jump then I would wait... otherwise I will buy as soon as I have the money in my hands.
     
  5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #5
    This was a pretty major rev for the MacBook Pro line, I wouldn't expect anything so big next time around. So if you need a computer now, it's not a bad time to buy at all.
     
  6. brendu macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Location:
    USA
    #6

    Exactly how i felt, so i just picked up the 13inch pro and im not sorry... any coming update will only bring things like a faster bus speed and processor, maybe bigger SSD options... none of which will make that much difference... Now is a great time if your ready.
     
  7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #7
    Not too mention, it wasn't that long ago. Buy now if you need it.
     
  8. culturekiller macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2009
    #8
    so when did this last line of macbooks come out?

    and how many months in between each release usually happen? i heard the next installment should have blu-ray installed in it.

    i too am willing to wait but since i haven't been into apple at all before, i'm not sure if the last macbook was a super revamp..or an ordinaryish upgrade to the previous kind.

    i just signed up for this forum so im about to start my research. if the first question could be answered tho..

    win =)
     
  9. culturekiller macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2009
    #9
    question answered in the link posted earlier in the thread.

    exactly answered me. wow.
     

Share This Page