Should I wait for apples free case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jps1012, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I have the belkin Grip Vue and hate it. Do you think I should wait for apples free case or just buy one I want? Pretty much do you think apple will offer anything that offers protection or just cheap bumper knockoffs? I dont think I will have use for 2 cases (not including the BGV that I will throw away).

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

well we don't know what cases they will provide but jobs did say any bumpers bought will get a full refund...... I assume this is just done via proof of purchase in store or via email or a online form with a scanned reciept..... best advice just wait it out till next week to see what they have up for offer.

3. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

They are not going to be offering cheap bumper knockoffs... you will get an official Apple bumper case. They have already had a bad launch with the phone they will not be disappointing customers again with some POS knockoff bumper. Besides it cost apple somewhere between $1 and $2 to make the bumper so its not that big of a loss for them to give you something legit.

4. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Umm?!?!?!

what do you mean they had a bad launch with the iPhone 4? they sold 3 million in the first 3 weeks and people knew about the problems from before the first day

5. digitalduck macrumors regular

So here is my quesiton...i will be taking back my griffen reveal, but thne will definetely need to get a screen shield of my own... what do you reccommend? Or should I wait and see if any of the 3rd party cases come wite a shield of their own?

6. percept macrumors newbie

so what exactly separates an apple bumper from a pos knockoff?