Should I Wait for iPhone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maccareshare, May 14, 2015.

  1. Maccareshare macrumors newbie

    May 4, 2015
    For there is little difference between iPhone 5 and 5S, so I have waiting for iPhone 6 Plus. But it is said that Apple Inc. will release iPhone 6S soon, which will make a big move on the new phone? Should I wait for it?:eek:
  2. Newtons Apple, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015

    Newtons Apple Suspended

    Newtons Apple

    Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    RUMORS have it that the 6S will be a very good update. Just Google 6S Rumors and there is lots to read. If you have a working phone, I would wait:rolleyes:

    Try to imagine how you will feel if you do not wait and get the 6 today and then the 6S comes out with some great new features.
  3. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

    Ultra AleM

    Jun 22, 2012
    There's not a little difference between the 5 and the 5s. The difference is huge:
    - Extremely faster chip (and 64bit)
    - Motion Co-processor
    - Extremely better camera and video
    - Touch ID Sensor
    - Better battery life
    - Better chips overall (eg. faster networking)
  4. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a


    Sep 14, 2011
    Leeds, UK
    I've gone from an iPhone 5 16GB to an iPhone 5s 16GB, in the UK the majority of networks do NOT do 4G on the iPhone 5, the 4G network speed has been a revelation. My only regret is 16GB of storage.
  5. rockitdog macrumors 68020

    Mar 25, 2013
    If you had to sign a two year contract or sign a plan like Verizon Edge or AT&T Next or are even buying it outright, I would wait the 4 months and see what the next iPhone is like since it will cost the same amount as the current gen devices cost.
  6. sunking101 macrumors 604


    Sep 19, 2013
    The 5S was incrementally better than the iPhone 5 and it wasn't imperative that anyone upgraded from an iPhone 5 unless they wanted 4G.
    As the i5/5S/6/6+ all have a paltry 1GB of RAM, the jump to 2GB with the 6S will be a huge performance upgrade and worth the entry price alone. The 6S will be what the iPhone 6 should have been. As a 6+ owner I now know that I will never buy another iPhone or iPad which only has 1GB of RAM.
  7. nj-morris macrumors 68000


    Nov 30, 2014
    If you think the difference between the 5 and the 5S was little, I don't think that the 6S will impress you. However, if they do add Force Touch, it might justify it. But still, if you wait, you will probably still be able to get the 6 for a cheaper price if you aren't impressed.
  8. nburwell macrumors 601


    May 6, 2008
    At this point, I would wait until the 6s is released. Unless your 5 is really giving you trouble, I don't see any real reason to buy the 6 Plus now.
  9. jayf macrumors member

    Oct 5, 2014
    I NEED to upgrade from 6 to 6+ and I would do it tomorrow if it wasn't so close to S season. I can't imagine how envious I would be if I upgraded now and all these spanky new features come out a couple months later. I'm going to wait and suffer it out.
  10. Appl3FTW macrumors 603


    Nov 15, 2012
    4 months is so close... i would say 4 months and earlier, yes wait. if you can't wait, just buy one and sell it later. whatever you don't get back then that's how much ur patience is worth.

    ie. buy 750, sell for 650= 100. 100/4= $25 a month.

    25 a month isn't bad to pay for your patience right?
  11. JaySoul macrumors 68030


    Jan 30, 2008
    I would wait until the 6S is announced.

    It's not too long at all, should be available to buy in 4 months and I can see it - along with iOS 9 - really fulfilling the potential of the iPhone 6.

    I'm considering coming back from Android, and will definitely wait until September.
  12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6


    Aug 17, 2007
    At this point, if you have a working phone, I'd wait.
  13. Appl3FTW macrumors 603


    Nov 15, 2012
    If u want u can resell it so u can always get your money back. But by default I would say wait.
  14. EdenTan macrumors member


    Apr 19, 2015
    I'm still using a 5C and I must say A6 on iOS 8 is perfectly fine. Don't feel the urge to upgrade yet
  15. placidity44 macrumors 6502


    May 20, 2015
    I'd personally wait for the 6S even though I don't think it will be a huge upgrade from the 6. The design will almost certainly be the same, A9 processor, i'd imagine 2gb of ram, and force touch. It's four months away and if your 5 is still holding up ok i'd wait. If it's on its last legs get the 6 or 6+. I highly doubt you'll be missing out on much with the 6S.
  16. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000


    Jun 7, 2012
    Just wait for it , you'll regret later down the road for not waiting . Trust me , I've read enough threads #
  17. James035 macrumors member

    Apr 16, 2015
    A new iPhone is going to come out every year which is going to have better features and so on, it really doesn't matter because when the iPhone 6s or 7 comes out the next generation of the phone will come out the following year and beat the previous model.
  18. ChinaRye macrumors 6502


    Aug 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    If your phone now is fine, I would wait. It will only be four months. Otherwise the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are amazing phones. I am completely satisfied with mine.
  19. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

    Sep 7, 2010
    That's all impressive on paper, but probably the only things average users notice between them is Touch ID and maybe battery life.
  20. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

    Oct 17, 2011
    Performance and camera are noticeable as well.
  21. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

    Sep 7, 2010
    To the average non-techy user, probably not as much as you think.
  22. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

    Oct 17, 2011
    Not as much, but still there nonetheless.
  23. Orka macrumors regular

    Dec 24, 2012
    Moscow, Russia

    Video camera on iphone 5 in fact is better under low light conditions than 5s, 6 and 6 plus.
  24. iConnected macrumors 6502a


    Feb 17, 2011
    If it is released in September - only 4 months from now - and you would regret missing out on any additional features, then yes - of course you should wait.

    The fact that you're even asking suggests that you should wait :)
  25. threezero macrumors 6502

    Aug 22, 2008
    Source? Hard to believe apple won't make an downgrade

Share This Page