Should i wait for Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scorpia, Mar 27, 2011.

  1. Scorpia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2010
    #1
    Should I wait for Lion, or just buy the MBP now?
     
  2. bastienvans macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    Location:
    FL
    #2
    Wait for Mac OSX 10.9. I heard it was going to be awesome.
     
  3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

    ECUpirate44

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Location:
    NC
    #3
    Just buy now. Delaying a computer purchase for an OS update is silly.
     
  4. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

    SuperCachetes

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    Away from you
    #4
    But think of all the money you could save on the OS upgrade by just waiting! :rolleyes:
     
  5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2009
    #6
    Apple charged $129 for Leopard (10.5) and only $29 for Snow Leopard (10.6). You decide if $100 or so is worth waiting for.

    For me it isn't worth it.
     
  6. vincenz macrumors 601

    vincenz

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    #7
    If you need it now, buy it. Otherwise just wait. It doesn't sound like you need it right away anyway. If you want to save $100, that's an effective way to do it.
     
  7. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #8
    Exactly this. If you need it now buy it now, if not don't. But Lion probably isn't going to cost that much so it won't make much difference.
     
  8. AFPoster macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #9
    Have a friend buy it, when you purchase the upgrade disc to lion you can share it with anyone you want (not that we support this, but if 100$ or 29$ is really causing you an issue have a friend buy it.
     
  9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

    Apple 26.2

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Location:
    What up, 212?!
    #10
    I wish my friends would buy me an MBP!
     

Share This Page