Should I wait for MBP upgrades? Or shell out right before..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Terminator2119, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Terminator2119 macrumors newbie

Terminator2119

I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I would really like to get a 15":apple: Macbook Pro, but as of right now, it still has the 8600M in it. See if i got a MBP, I'd boot camp it right when i got it because i like PC gaming. But i need apple to include a new gpu into the Macbook Pro.

So what are the chances that they WILL upgrade its graphics?

Are there any rumors of the underlying card to be?:rolleyes:

Your opinion of whether or not I should wait, and how long that wait will be?

2. kmarketing macrumors 6502

I have a feeling most posts will mention using the search function...

You will probably want to wait if you can.

3. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

If you are a student, I would take advantage of the iPod promo. Otherwise, wait for new MBPs if possible.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It is entirely up to yourself; as others have pointed out, there are already several threads on this topic. However, as a recent switcher, I will say that the MBP is a terrific machine and I love mine. You can buy now, wait for the updated new models and get a discounted slightly superseded model (i.e., the current one), or wait for the updates and buy a new model. Your choice. Whichever you choose you will have a superb machine and a warranty from Apple which means that you will be covered should problems arise. Cheers.
    :apple: MBP 15.4", 2.4 ghz, 2 GB RAM, 160 HDD; iPod classic 30 GB

5. hyteckit Guest

I'm just waiting for the new MacBook Pros. Wondering if there's going to be a new design change.

6. hhlee macrumors 6502

i thought case changes were only for the macbooks

7. Jezter macrumors newbie

The advice would be to wait. As was pointed out, with the PC notebooks jumping onto Montevina, the MBP specs are starting to lag. Of course like most people say, specs aren't everything. If you can't afford the wait, get it now, sell is when the new ones come out, and just buy the "re-designed" MBP. :cool: