should i wait for new ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msarway, Jun 30, 2011.

  1. msarway macrumors 6502

    msarway

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Location:
    CEO
    #1
    i have the ipad 2 and i was about to buy a new one with 3g because my current one has wifi only. should i hold off and wait until fall to see if there a hint of the ipad 3 or just buy it.
     
  2. blueroom macrumors 603

    blueroom

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #2
    Sell the iPad 2 and buy an iPad 2 with 3G. Why anyone would want to enter the Android quagmire is beyond me.

    PS your <shift> key appears to be busted.
     
  3. 7thMac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
  4. Ronnoco, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

    Ronnoco macrumors 68030

    Ronnoco

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    United States of America
    #4
    Well, seeing that Digitimes is reporting Apple's ramping up production of iPad2 for Q3, it's doubtful there'll be an iPad3 anytime this year...
     
  5. blueroom macrumors 603

    blueroom

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #5
    Could have sworn the post originally said something about giving the iPad to the kids and buying a Xoom. Next time I'll use quotes.
     
  6. poloponies macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    #6
    That was a ridiculous rumor several months ago and more ridiculous now.
     
  7. RayK macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2005
    #7
    1. Get the iPad with 3G.
    2. Enjoy.
    3. ...?
    4. PROFIT!
     
  8. xraytech, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

    xraytech macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2010
    #8
    There seems to be a line of thinking here that unless you get the latest and greatest at launch day, you might as well wait for the next best thing.

    I thought the iPad 2 was the new iPad.

    From Mac Rumors Buying Guide

    Read where is says, "Recomendation"

    [​IMG]
     
  9. JeepGuy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2008
    Location:
    Barrie
    #9
    I agree, they can barely keep up as it is, the iPhone would more than likely be upgraded first.
     
  10. JeepGuy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2008
    Location:
    Barrie
    #10
    You must have been reading another thread and still had Xoom on the brain. Happens to me all the time.
     
  11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

    lulla01

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2007
    Location:
    U.S
    #11
    ipad 2

    i wouldnt bother, buy an ipad 2 and if the new ipad is that cool sell the ipad 2 and buy it. If you want a tip see if you can buy 2 of the new ipads when they come out. Sell the ipad 2 and one of the new ones chances are youll break even. =)
     
  12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    #12
    Yes, somehow apple will discontinue the iPad 2 because it is still on back order on most of the countries. Wait until 2012 to receive your new iPad 3G/4G.
     
  13. nwbusa macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    Location:
    BC, Canada
    #13
    I advise either yes or no. At least then you're making a decision.
     
  14. iwan073 macrumors regular

    iwan073

    Joined:
    May 1, 2011
    Location:
    Holland
    #14
    Why wait?
    If you do, you might as well wait when the iPad 3 comes out. Cause after a year the iPad 4 will be released.
    Having said that, you might want to wait then too, because a year later...

    Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
     
  15. solaris macrumors 6502a

    solaris

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    Location:
    Oslo, Norway
    #15
    Sell your Wi-Fi iPad 2 and buy a 3G iPad 2 - simple as that.
    I really do not see the iPad 3 coming out this year.
     

Share This Page