Should I wait for new MBP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by houssein31, Feb 8, 2015.

  1. houssein31 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2013
    #1
    I currently am selling my MBA 13 2013 (with 8gb ram and 256ssd) To buy a Macbook pro retina 13 with the same specs... Main reason is the screen, I find it bad and never bright enough, and bad colours...

    Anyways, I don't know if I should wait a little longer and buy the one coming out this summer. The reason why I'm so hesitant in waiting is because this mac will have to stay with me for about 4years.. I have an iPad, so I can hold out a little, but is it worth it? Do you guys think they're gonna update something major with the rMBP??

    Also, is there a big difference between the 2013 MBP and the 2014 model??
     
  2. cambookpro macrumors 603

    cambookpro

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #2
    It's hard to know when Apple are going to update the rMBP line as it depends on the availability of Intel's Broadwell chips. I think ones suitable for the 13" rMBP have been released recently, however it may be the case they wait and refresh the whole line at once, which may not be until the Autumn.

    The 2013 and 2014 models are very similar - the only differences were RAM upgrades to the standard models and small processor clock speed bumps. If you can get a 2013 for cheaper, I would.
     

Share This Page