should i wait for new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mydhoti, Apr 25, 2009.

1. mydhoti macrumors newbie

i am planning to buy an iphone.. should i buy now or wait till they launch a new one.. i mean are they just upgrading the software or are there any fundamental changes.. also, if i buy a pay as you go and use a turbo sim, does that mean its still eligible for all the upgrades??:rolleyes:

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I knew I couldn't come to MR and NOT see one of these threads.

Thanks guy! :rolleyes:

3. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I think you should do a search and read every single thread about whether or not to wait for the new iPhone. By the time you are done reading, the new iPhone will be out and you won't have to decide.

4. mydhoti thread starter macrumors newbie

so?? do u have anything constructive suggestion??

hahhaa.. u guys are fast.. but seriously.. its not a cheap phone.. so dont want to buy one now and find out there's a new one comin in 2 months..

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Do I have anything constructive suggestion..... Yes.

Go to the spinning and security cart your way into the cup's ringdazzle. You'll find what you seek there.

6. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Yes, we understand.

There is no new information since a thread just like this was created yesterday. Go read all the other ones.

7. aok1975 macrumors 6502

We are not you. We dont know what you want or like.

8. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Sorry for the idiotic replies from most members on here....

I'm in the same boat, and I personally have made the decision to wait. I already have a phone, so it's not like I'm without the ability to call and be contacted! With all the rumours flying around about new hardware in June/July, you would be advised to do the same if you can stand the wait. It's true that version 3.0 of the OS is coming out soon, but the chances are looking very good that we will see new improved hardware soon. It might not be revolutionary, more evolutionary, but if waiting a while means getting a better camera, better battery, more memory, metal back etc., I'm more than happy to hold on.

As for your question about upgrades, yes, if you bought a phone now or later using a PAYG sim, you would be able to upgrade to the 3.0 firmware.

9. Demarrer macrumors member

New Iphone a fact?

So I like the updates that are coming out with 3.0, but i won't be able to use them all seeming that i have the 1st gen iphone. Now is it just theory or has there been any confirmation that a new iphone will come out this summer. I am going to upgrade, and i would rather not upgrade to a 3g if a newer iphone is coming out.

Thanks.

10. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Yes, it's looking reasonably certain that we will be seeing new hardware soon. Expect an evolution rather than a revolution, but it's worth holding out if you can.

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Don't apologize for me.

You said it yourself, you made a personal decision. We can't decide for him. The facts (or rumors, more accurately) are all out there. This thread contributes nothing. The OP needs to read the information that is already out there and make a decision for himself.

12. aok1975 macrumors 6502

13. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

OP,

Please understand that, as you believe, iPhone is very popular and there are many people who are in the same shoes as you. New members join, and they post a very similiar thread to yours. It's not just happening a few times, but easily multiple times, over a period of months.

So sometimes, we get exasperated because all these threads are repetitive.

We do want to help and share our opinions, so instead of ignoring these threads, we do come in and inform the thread starter (you) that alot of information that you have asked, and which others have replied to, are available in the forums itself.

Hope you understand that :)

My personal opinion is, its but a few more weeks to summer. So let's all just hang around a little while and see whats on offer :D

14. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I wanted to know if I should buy one now too, but I made my decision to wait until after WWDC. But I wanted to know if I should by a blu-ray player now or wait. What do you guys think???

Obviously just kidding on the blu-ray player

15. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You wouldn't be asking this question if you didn't want to wait. You would have purchased already.

Just wait.

16. Surely Guest

Surely

No way! Get it!! Get it!! GET IT!!!! NOW.

17. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

All just rumors. There might not even be a new phone

18. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

While encouraging people to buy now to make lines shorter later seems like a good idea right now, just think of how lame this board will be in late July when everyone who bought in April is back here bitching about how they bought "old tech" and AT&T/Apple won't give them a full refund and a brand-new iPhone.

Not worth it.

19. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

If there is a need for one just buy an unlocked one from eBay and sell it if you like the upgraded model.

Or wait a month or two.

It's really up to you.

20. matttye macrumors 601

Firstly, the new iPhone is not guaranteed to come out this summer. It's just highly likely that it will based on the release cycle so far, and Apple wanting to keep up with the competition etc.

Secondly, if you can wait - then wait. If you're itching to get your hands on one then by all means by a 3G, just don't be pissed off if a next gen iPhone comes out in summer.

21. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Yes, I said it myself, to give the OP something to think abut. There is no need to leave sarcastic, arrogant responses to users. If everybody did that every time a question was asked, these would be pretty lame forums.

22. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Most questions aren't asked over and over again on a daily basis either.

23. Surely Guest

Surely

Lamer than this? Doubtful.

Don't listen to him! Get it!! How can you live another day without it!!! Sooooo worth it!! GET IT NOW!!! HURRY!!!

Oh, and yeah, my purpose is to totally make the lines shorter. Yeah, that's it.

Yes there is. Geez, are you new here? :eek:

Don't forget...... BUY IT NOW!!

24. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Don't worry twitt3r. In a couple months time (given you're still coming here) you'll have acquired the same sarcastic tone as all of us evil regular meanies. It's inevitable given the amount of "should I buy or wait" and "my 3.0 beta phone is a piece of sh*t" threads. You're lucky you weren't around for the "One of my speakers is broked!!" days.

I was once like you; pointlessly defending n00bs who are completely blind to the search button that works such wonderful magic.

25. oxdtown macrumors member

another 1

so i think im gonna wait but i might buy.... come on is there a need for 300 of these threads... either buy or dont u know the new iphone is coming if there was news on it it would be on the front page... we know nothing thats just how apple rolls