Should I wait for next year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canadia69, Oct 28, 2016.

  1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

    Sep 11, 2016
    I currently have 12inch Retina MacBook 2015. the reason why thinking of upgrading is mainly because my brother need a new computer (so I would sell him mine and get a new one) and because I just started Software engineering at university and because I need 512gb instead of 256.

    I want my next computer to last me during all of university (so about 4-5 years)...that's why I'm not sure if I should buy the recently redesign ones now or wait till next year when they'll get get cheaper and probably a little better..

    If you knew your next MacBook would have to last you 4-5+ years, would you buy a Pro one now or wait it out for another year with the 12inch MacBook?

    Also don't know if the touch bar is worth the extra money...I know they said that it is useful with x codes but i don't know ...
    I'm confused
  2. JD2015 macrumors 6502a

    Sep 16, 2014
    You should just get what you need now. In a year's time there will be other reasons to carry on waiting yet another year as technology will move on. Best bet is to go into Apple store or one that will have one of the new MacBook Pros with the touch bar. Have a play around on it and see what you think.
  3. Fishrrman macrumors P6


    Feb 20, 2009
    I used to be one of those who would say, "wait, because what's coming down the pike will prove worth waiting for."

    No more.

    After yesterday's product announcement, I think the best choice to get both "value" and "price" is to buy a 2015 closeout model, or "go refurbished" ...
  4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess


    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin, TX
    If you need, buy now.

    It's always to your advantage to wait if you don't need a new machine.
  5. PhoneI macrumors 68000

    Mar 7, 2008
    what makes you think there will be a new model next year?

Share This Page

4 October 28, 2016