Should I wait for Skylake, or buy now? (13")

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by polkenhunt, Oct 6, 2015.

1. polkenhunt macrumors newbie

So, as everyone probably knows, the surface pro 4 and surface book are coming out soon. I was looking and found that they are supposed to release Oct. 26th, they are also equipped with intel 6th gen. processors. When do you think that the macbook pro 13" will be released. I'm planning on buying relatively soon (within next 4 months...), also I know that i5 6200u and i7 6500u are already out, but when do you think that mbp's processor will come out. Last thing, is it true that the macbook pros will have nvidia's gtx 950m/960m?

Thanks!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you need a laptop now, buy one now. If you can wait then you should wait.

The 15" model may get a dGPU, but not the 13".

3. Urimagination macrumors newbie

I just bought a retina macbook pro (coming tomorrow)

I just did some google work, and myself coming from a 3 year old processor. There was nothing that the Skyline offered that made me want to wait an extra 4 months

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The rMBP uses 28W processors that are due for release Q1 next year I think it'll be marchish for new rMBP's. The 13 inch does not use a discreet GPU so that question is moot, but the high end 15 inch one will get a new dGPU next year but seemingly apple is all AMD at the moment so I would be surprised (although anything can happen in the GPU space).

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As mentioned we'll probably not see anything from apple in 2015, is if you want or need a computer now, then get it now.

I see Apple moving away from the dGPU, since now its only offered in the high end configuration of the 15" MBP.

Will Apple change gears because of MS, I doubt it.