should i wait for the new iMac??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Poker-face, May 6, 2009.

1. Poker-face macrumors newbie

Should i wait for new iMac to go out in september/october or should I buy it... please answer me as much as you can because buying my new iMac depends on you..thank you :cool: ;) :apple:

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Do you already have a mac? What would you be using it for? Will it be for work or recreation?

If you truly need it now, buy it now. If you don't, then wait. And what is this 'new' iMac you're waiting for?

3. Poker-face thread starter macrumors newbie

no i don't have mac now..it will be the first one for me and i'm very excited about that..I will use it only for surfing internet,watching films,listening music (not games and not any proffesional work).. i could wait for the september but i'm just so tired of waiting,but in the other hand maybe it's better to wait and have something better.. so i don;t know what to do.. and "new iMAc" is the new line of mac that could maybie come out in september/october??? :D

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

For your use, I doubt any changes to iMac will be that important.

5. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

For what it sounds like you are going to be using your mac for there is no real need to wait for the new models come out, more than likely they will just include a minor spec update. The only reason to hold of now is if you are planning to upgrade to snow leopard which will come standard on macs once it is released but will be a paid upgrade on older macs

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Agreed with two prior replies. For what you're doing, any mac should be sufficient.

I doubt there will be any significant upgrade to the imacs, since they were recently updated. The only reason to wait til WWDC is to see if snow leopard, OSX 10.6, is released then. Otherwise, you'll have to pay $130, maybe less, to upgrade to the new OS once it's released.

If you're a student, you can wait for the back to school special in the summer, where they throw in a free ipod with the purchase of many macs. Or buy a refurbished unit off of the apple online store now to save a couple of bucks.

If you've got a pc that can minimally meet your demands, you may nurse a few more months out of it to see what Apple does. If you don't, you may as well have one now.