Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I can get the current iPad through my AT&T Next account now, or should I just wait for the "New iPad," is there going to any MAJOR differences between the current one now, and the one thats going to be released this week?

One major thing I would like to know is if the New iPad will have TouchID or not? That would be a major selling point for me!

If anyone else knows of any features please let me know! Thank You!

PS: I know that nobody knows all the specs but some of you know a lot more than I do about the iPad that is coming out this week.

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I can get the current iPad through my AT&T Next account now, or should I just wait for the "New iPad," is there going to any MAJOR differences between the current one now, and the one thats going to be released this week?

One major thing I would like to know is if the New iPad will have TouchID or not? That would be a major selling point for me!

If anyone else knows of any features please let me know! Thank You!

PS: I know that nobody knows all the specs but some of you know a lot more than I do about the iPad that is coming out this week.

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

1. Firm...Better Camera, slightly smaller casing, slightly lighter in weight.

2. A firm maybe with the fingerPrint reader

3. Firm...Better CPU A7X (Faster)

Google is your friend. Just google rumored spec's on new iPad 5 and get information from that source

Edited: PS: Just read the first two to three pages of this MacRumor iPad section for rumors of the iPad 5 and Mini 2.

Last edited:

Sangdushi

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2011
Get the current iPad, there will be no major differences in the new iPad. It'll just be in name only so get the current iPad bro! :cool:

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
wait, It's only going to be another couple of days, and the old ipad if anything will go down in price when the new one comes out.

As you said touch id will be a major selling feature so just wait the extra two days and see if ti has it or not.

It would be a VERY bad decision to buy the old one now

----------

Get the current iPad, there will be no major differences in the new iPad. It'll just be in name only so get the current iPad bro! :cool:

New design with thinner bezel, much thinner size, and much lighter is not significant?

twice as fast, better graphics, and a better camera not significant?

touch id not significant?

I think as seperate features they are not very significant, but put together they create a VERY substantial upgrade

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
You have been on here awhile with all those apple products in your sig and are asking this? Seriously?

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
Since iOS 7 makes iPad 4 feel old, that alone would be the reason. I was going to keep my iPad 4 until next year, but since the iOS 7 upgrade, I just can't stand the overall lag, so iPad 5 it is as soon as it comes out.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Yeah, I am just going to wait and get the iPad 5 wifi+4G with AT&T.

I was just getting a little antsy because I have the money to get an iPad now and I was just going to get the 4, but it makes sense to just wait 2 days, haha.

Thanks for all the comments!

Tysknaden

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
No lag. There must be something wrong with your device. Check it.

Since iOS 7 makes iPad 4 feel old, that alone would be the reason. I was going to keep my iPad 4 until next year, but since the iOS 7 upgrade, I just can't stand the overall lag, so iPad 5 it is as soon as it comes out.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

Since the iPad 5 will have an A7X chip, and the 4/3/2 do not. > That is major

Since the iPad 5 will have the Touch ID, and the 4/3/2 do not. > That's major

Since the iPad 5 will be lighter/thinner than the others. > That's major, and most welcomed

Sorry Sangdushi. Your thinking process on this is flawed at best. Please think before you post. ;)

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
Yeah, I am just going to wait and get the iPad 5 wifi+4G with AT&T.

I was just getting a little antsy because I have the money to get an iPad now and I was just going to get the 4, but it makes sense to just wait 2 days, haha.

Thanks for all the comments!

Regarding the 4G option, check with your carrier to see if they allow tethering from your phone. My Wifi-only iPad becomes a 3G iPad when I have my iPhone around (which, of course, is all the time). It's perfect when I have a passenger in the car and they can use the iPad for maps instead of the smaller iPhone screen. You could save yourself a chunk of cash!

Alex

Sangdushi

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2011
wait, It's only going to be another couple of days, and the old ipad if anything will go down in price when the new one comes out.

As you said touch id will be a major selling feature so just wait the extra two days and see if ti has it or not.

It would be a VERY bad decision to buy the old one now

----------

New design with thinner bezel, much thinner size, and much lighter is not significant?

twice as fast, better graphics, and a better camera not significant?

touch id not significant?

I think as seperate features they are not very significant, but put together they create a VERY substantial upgrade

Since the iPad 5 will have an A7X chip, and the 4/3/2 do not. > That is major

Since the iPad 5 will have the Touch ID, and the 4/3/2 do not. > That's major

Since the iPad 5 will be lighter/thinner than the others. > That's major, and most welcomed

Sorry Sangdushi. Your thinking process on this is flawed at best. Please think before you post. ;)

woosh :D

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
iPhone, iPhone 3G (Black), iPhone 3GS 32gb(White), iPhone 4 32gb (Black), iPad 32gb, iPhone 4S 32gb Macbook Air 2011, iPhone 5 32gb Slate.

Look at the OP's signature.

Are you REALLY asking this question?
Why in the world would somebody buy an Ipad4 today, when the decisions will be much easier on Tuesday.?

Somebody shoot me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.