Should I wait for the new Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anotherdesign3r, Aug 15, 2014.

1. anotherdesign3r macrumors newbie

Hi MacRumours

I want to purchase the current Mac Mini at $599.00 should I wait for the new mac Mini to be released? is it likely that there will be a new Mac Mini at the same price? Or will this version still be on sale at a lower price?

I heard that apple are having their keynote/conference next month, I'm thinking a Mac mini may be announced along with the iPhone 6.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Can you wait? I'd say wait, there seems to be some indications that a release is closer then it was before.

As for next month's "keynote" That is specifically for the iPhone so I wouldn't expect any Mac related topics to be covered.

3. anotherdesign3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I can wait even till up until the end of the year. My iMac is okay for now but I need to upgrade. Do you think its likeley these current Minis will stay on sale at a lower price like they do with the iPhone or am I likely to get new 2014/2015/ Mac mini coming in at around $599.00 because that would be brilliant

4. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

Aside from the passage of time, what "indications" have there been?

The length of time could just as easily suggest the Mini is being EOL'd.

5. bliggs macrumors 6502

bliggs

6. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

If you can last on your iMac then no need to upgrade just yet. The Mac Mini is due for an upgrade.

7. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

There were certainly be some available for quite some time to come in the refurb store at a lower price.

8. mlody macrumors 6502a

the base model shows up from time to time at the refurb store. when available it goes for $509. when you add tax, the difference is easily $100 between brand new and refurb.

9. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I was waiting several years for the new Mac Pro and I still waiting for a new version of the new Mac Pro... you can wait a week.

10. hardax macrumors regular

I dont think we are going to see anything until 2015 when Intel releases the Broadwell chips.

11. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

Same here. My early 2008 iMac is fading. If there's no new Mini by the holiday shopping season, I guess I'll get another iMac.

12. lumencreative macrumors regular

Think carefully about waiting for the new Mac Mini. Judging by everything else Apple seems to be doing, it's quite possible that Apple could solder the Ram and Storage to the logic board in the same way that they have done with the Macbooks.

This is the number 1 reason that I bought Mac Minis when I did instead of waiting.

13. EdwardC macrumors regular

EdwardC

Microcenter has the base Mini for $ 549.00, I got tired of waiting and picked one up about 9 months ago and slapped 16 gigs of RAM in it. It certainly seems like a new model would be out any day but for my use which is in my home office using Pages, Mail and Safari it's more than adequate.

Regards.....Ed