Should I wait for the "new" macbook pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by detz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. detz macrumors 65816

Since there has not been an official announcement on when new macbook pro's will be released I'm not sure what to do. I would hate to buy a pro now just to have new ones come out in a few months. I currently have a macbook and it works fine but I want to replace my desktop and in order to do that I need a pro. So, should I wait it out...do you think they will be announced before xmas?

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

If you're going to be bummed if they're released in the next few months, probably shouldn't buy one then... probably comin' out. I'd wait.

3. akm3 macrumors 68020

Although I believe they will come out around September, I don't believe you can realistically BANK on that fact. It could be as late as January or possibly even later. If you can't wait that long, then just buy it.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

YOU have read all the threads. Why start a new one. Buy if you need one, and quit worrying about what you may be missing if one HAPPENS to come out in the next few Weeks? Month?

5. herr_neumann macrumors 6502

herr_neumann

Really??? Another one of these threads?

Search for wait and see how many come up.....

6. mchank macrumors regular

If you can wait for few months then do it. There will most certainly be a new one out before Christmas according to past Apple release schedules.

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

8. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

Just a reminder, just because there is a new post in the forum does not mean you need to respond. ;) Thanks to the people that posted useful information, I think I can handle waiting a few months.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Just a reminder: FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES AND SEARCH BEFORE YOU MAKE THE SAME POST AS EVERYONE ELSE.

10. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

should i buy applecare now or wait?...i'll feel bad if they update the design of the box within the next few years when i buy mines...so what do you guys think?

11. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

I did but it's a pain wading through useless gibberish in all the threads when people don't actually respond to the post and instead feel the need to start their own conversion within. Thanks for cluttering another thread.

----------------
    Buy MBP this week or wait (College starts 16th)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=538060