Should I wait for the new macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlizzardWolf, Aug 1, 2008.

  1. BlizzardWolf macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2005
    #1
    I need a laptop for college and it would be inconvenient to bring my desktop with me... so should I buy a Sony Vaio SR now ($1300) or should i wait for the rumored new macbook? thanks

    heres the specs for the vaio:

    2.26GHz
    13.3" LED backlight
    2GB RAM
    250GB
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
    4.14 lbs.
     
  2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

    flyfish29

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2003
    Location:
    New HAMpshire
    #2
    I misunderstood your original post- It really depends on whether you want the Mac OS or not. The current MacBook is terrific. No doubt they will improve upon it this fall, but you can always say that about any computer. We are unsure if the next revision is going to be a major one or just a speed bump and there is another product on the horizon...like the tablet Mac or something else.

    I am in the same situation- I need a new MacBook, but am waiting a month or so more to see if I would rather have the next revision or current for a little cheaper though the refurbished site.
     
  3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

    winninganthem

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2008
    #3
    The Vaio is about a pound lighter than the Macbook.

    It all depends on what you want to do with your computer. If you want Mac OS, go for the Macbook. You'll find that it is a very solid and intuitive system. Mac OS takes a little getting used to, but it grows on you and is enjoyable to work with.

    If you want to stay with the familiarity of Windows, get the Vaio.

    Buy your new computer when you need to: no sooner, no later. If you buy your Macbook now and the new one is released a month later, don't worry, you're still getting a wonderful system.
     

Share This Page