Should I wait for the next generation MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lil666jrkatz, Feb 18, 2008.

1. lil666jrkatz macrumors member

I am trying to determine
    a) what could make the macbook better
    b) should I wait for the next gen model

For starters, 2.2ghz and 4gb of RAM sounds great to me. Here are some observations I have made. I have looked at the MacBook Air and the MacBook side by side, and the Air's screen seems brighter (LED, right?) Also, I want a Backlit keyboard, but I don't like the Pro's keyboard (So pretty much the Air's keyboard). Obviously it could be a little slimmer, but what else could really make this great machine better? Should I wait, or just go with the current model? I know Macbook Pro's are due for an update VERY soon, but what about the MacBooks?

Thanks for any info!

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i think you need to decide what your going to do with the computer. judging a computer SOLELY on aesthetics isn't the way to go. if the current macbook can do everything you want it to, why wait? get it now and don't look back and be happy about your purchase. if you want to wait around and see what comes out then go for it. so basically if you need it now get it now, if you can wait longer than do so. remember that usually update the pro's then the macbooks after, so it might be a while seeing as though we have been waiting and continue to wait for the update to the pro line.