Should I wait for the next iPhone or buy one now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reclusive46, May 5, 2011.

1. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Is it still ok to buy an iPhone right now? I don't want to go and get one and it become outdated next month. Also I'm assuming the next iPhone won't look dramatically different.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Many signs point to one not coming out next month, so don't waste time worrying about it being outdated in a month. A few months? Maybe.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Depends if you have a decent phone wait youll be glad you did however if you do not have a phone get the 4 and enjoy it for at least another month:p Apple usually supports the phones for 2.5-3 years so the 4 still has plenty of life left.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I say go for it. All signs are pointing towards the big improvements this year being in software updates. Will the new iPhone have faster specs and a better camera? Yeah. Will it be dramatically different than the i4? I don't really think so. I think the i5 will have a few hardware upgrades and a LOT of software upgrades that the i4 will also enjoy.

So you've got that on the one hand and the fact that it's not coming 'till the fall in the other hand. Put them together and I don't think 'buy now' is bad advice.

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Just buy one now. Rumours are pointing towards a Q4 or Q1 2012 release. No point in waiting that long. The iPhone 4 is a great device, get the white one if you want to be different. :D

7. kilidar macrumors member

I smashed my 3GS few days, got the white on a 12 month contract, so longer it takes for the 5 to come out the better.

I wanted a 3G phone with wifi tethering, i4 still a top phone, get it.

8. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Your probably right. I think I'll get the white one.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I was in the same position as you and I just got the 4. I really didn't feel like waiting until possibly Sept for the 5. As other have said, it will run iOS 5 and the 4 is still leaps and bounds ahead of many other phones.

10. naths macrumors 6502

Dont worry about getting one now,if the iphone5 comes out in sept,thats 4+ months away,one of my contracts is up and im going to get a HTC sensation and try that,got to see what all this dual-core is all about,if i like like it then all well and good,if not another contract is up in august so i'll get the 5 then.
    Whatever happens the iphone4 is still a very good phone and you cant go wrong whichever colour you decide on.

11. DudeAbides59 macrumors newbie

DudeAbides59

How did you get a 12 month contract? AT&T?

12. iRach macrumors member

iRach

I had the same dilemma, was going to wait for the 5, 'till the white one came out...:D

13. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

You waited this long? Then i'd suggest you wait a bit more. The next iPhone will have a Dual Core processor and that itself makes it much faster than the iPhone 4.
    At least wait until WWDC in June and then make your decision. But there's no harm in waiting. Unless you need it.