Should I wait for the next release? (MacPro)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by asdfasdf32, Nov 19, 2010.

1. asdfasdf32 macrumors member

Hi, before i start, I may need to tell you that I dont know much about Apple and computer related stuff- and ive never used apple products and mac etc until i got my iPhone 4 a few months ago(I love it and this is why im considering to get another apple product.) Anyways, im considering getting a Macbook Pro-

My first question is- ive heard that Apple usually updates all(?) their products every 7ish months- so if this is right, the new mac pro version would likely to be released in January 2011. Could you be able to comment on this matter? if this is whats likely to happen, its worth a wait isnt it ? since the price isnt going to be that different and its already nearly December! Also whats likely to change compare to the current version? Please share any information on this issue if you have any. thanks

the second question is - I dont know much about computers(like all the fancy words or programming stuff- but i know all the basic stuff) and Ive been using Windows my whole life, so i am really used to the 'windows system.' Is the Mac OS easy to use/get used to? I do know that once you know how to use it, its really easy/better than windows etc... Also can you get all the usual stuff(like Adobe/autocad/usual messengers / programmes etc etc from torrents etc) for Mac OS just like windows?

my last question is- what can you not do with MAC that you can do with windows and vice versa?

Thank you very much for your time.

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

Macbook Pro or Mac Pro?

From the sounds of it, you're more in the market for a MBP or even an iMac - since you're a beginner with Macs.

For product update/refresh periods, please refer to the Buyers guide. It'll tell you what you need to know in that regard.

Mac OS is easy to get used to since Windows and OS X are visually similar. OS X just has some additional things like expose to make navigation easier.

Regarding torrenting... well... I'll just say yes and leave it at that :p

3. rtrt macrumors 6502a

for some reason this one makes me feel old - not sure if i need a :D or a :(