Should I wait for the upgrade to the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lovemymac4sure, Apr 9, 2007.

1. lovemymac4sure macrumors newbie

I currently have a macbook and I must say that I am absolutely a fan!!! However, during my recent visit to the local apple star the MBP caught my eye. Recently I came across information regarding the MBP and that an upgrade is imminent.

For those who know about the upgrade, will it be that big of a deal? Will it make that much a difference? Please someone give lend me some advice! :)

2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

3. marvinsum macrumors member

It's hard to say right now. Santa Rosa is expected in May, Leopard is expected by mid-June. However, you might want to wait until after 15th April (this Sunday), because there will be an Apple keynote. God knows what they're going to announce this time.

If they do announce a new MBP, then by all means go for it. But if not, get it only if you really need it. Otherwise wait till June.

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

What he said. Forum search is your friend.

Waiting is definitely worth it. See my sig. Now no-one except SJ knows what's coming for sure, but there's a good bet those specs will be close. Massive upgrade.

And please search before posting. Your question has been answered in about 10 other threads before. A search on "Santa Rosa" will answer all your questions.

Bottom line, if you can, wait til WWDC, about the 12th of June.