Should I wait for the white iPhone 4 or...?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacChinoNyc, Sep 10, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

or just get the black one. I'm wondering if they would improve any hardware issues(reception) with the upcoming white one. Another concern is jailbreaking, I'm sure the white one will have the latest software version which you cant jailbreak. Either way white/black can you downgrade the os by restoring to an older version so you can jailbreak? I know you could with older iphones but I'm not familiar with the iPhone4.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Nobody really knows, there is no information about it, just a bunch or rummors and guesses. My guess is the a fix is on the works, but who knows when it will see the light of day, the White one issue is manufacturability and that effort should be parallel, so it the manufacture issue is solve before the HW fix, then the white one will have same HW as the current black one.

Again just guess at this point.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah thats true. How about my jailbreaking questions? Since this is the iphone hack section, want to make sure I'm ok even if I go with the black one and it has like the latest software. I want to be able to jailbreak regardless, so I want to make sure I can restore to an older version.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

You will not be able to downgrade to a previous firmware.. But the jailbreak for 4.1 should be coming out soon.. I'm thinking this weekend.. But others may say a couple of weeks

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Sorry i missed that part....:eek: ..

If you are getting your iPhone now chances are you are getting 4.1 on it (or at least 4.0.2) none of those are jailbroken as right now. No way to Downgrade since you can;t get your SHSHs signed anymore. There is a Jailbreak coming for 4.1 but it will be 2 to 4 weeks before we see it (my best guess).

6. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm definitely new to this SHSH stuff, but if I get a new phone with the latest firmware and activate it via itunes. Not sure I understand but if Apple records my SHSH , am I at risk if I want to jailbreak later on when a jailbreak is released?

7. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I vote for "or..."

Didn't read first post, but if given a choice between "white iphone" and "or...", I vote for "or..."

8. akasch macrumors regular

You're not at risk.

9. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

the current black one lol

Ok thanks.