Should I wait for this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apajusi, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. apajusi macrumors newbie

    Jan 19, 2007
    I've been wanting a MacBook for some time, but I've been hearing a lot about some really cool stuff in the works. I can't decide if I want to buy one now or wait for things like:
    -Leopard and iLife 07
    -Santa Rosa/Robson
    -Updated GMA
    -LED screen

    Will I be waiting for a while to get these things? Is it worth it to buy now? What is the likelihood of these things all being implemented in the near future?

    Thanks for any advice
  2. BoyBach macrumors 68040


    Feb 24, 2006
    In my humble opinion it's maybe worth waiting for the Leopard or iLife updates.

    But, if you want to wait for the latest revisions that are rumoured you'll never again by a new piece of technology!
  3. JDN macrumors 6502a

    Sep 7, 2006
    Lund Sweden {London England}
    Apparently Santa Rosa is expected out in May. But then it could be beginning June. As for Leopard i think that will most likely be launched with it, if not a little before.

    It totally depends how bad you need a laptop, and how badly you think you need the new features.
  4. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

    Cult Follower

    Feb 20, 2007
    North Dakota
    If you are indesperate need for a new computer buy it now but if you can afford to wait up to three months it would be worth it to wait.
  5. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

    Oct 25, 2005
    I think you cant go wrong either way by waiting or buying now. You can always upgrade later if you need now. The Macbook is great now if you need now.
  6. dvader macrumors regular

    Feb 17, 2007
    You think the laptops will have hardware/software issues with the new Santa Rosa chip like they did when they converted to the Core Duo?
  7. iW00t macrumors 68040


    Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    I don't think the Macbooks will see the LED displays since those things are pretty expensive, but improved GPU definitely. It comes free with the new Intel integrated graphics.
  8. Magnum26 macrumors member


    Feb 23, 2007
    Wroughton, UK
    I would wait for Leopard, which no doubt will come with iLife 07 and I would also wait for "Santa Rosa" which is suppose to be coming out in May I believe. As far as the others go it depends on how long you plan on waiting as the L.E.D screens might not even be this year let alone a true rumour.

    Hope this helps. :apple:
  9. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

    Roy Hobbs

    Apr 29, 2005
    Just becuase Intel is releasing the chip in May doesnt mean it will make into a Macbook or Macbook Pro in May. Look how long it took Apple to incorporate the Core2Duo

    And on another there really a need for another. Should I buy or Wait thread???? Search the forum this question has been asked 100s of times in the past month.
  10. sunfast macrumors 68020


    Oct 14, 2005
    I'd certainly wait for iLife & Leopard. We can be pretty sure they won't be too far away. You can never be sure when forthcoming technology will make it into a particular model.
  11. acoustics940 macrumors member

    Dec 14, 2006
    I think "waiting" is stupid if you waited for evertyhing new you might as well never buy anything and just "wait" till the next new thing comes out just because its new. If apple was going to add an extra key on the keyboard people would ask if they should wait a year in order to get the extra key if you want it get it if you want to wait a year then wait. Its your computer do what you want. You dont have to ask people on a forum lol:confused: this has been posted about a billion trillion times
  12. Magnum26 macrumors member


    Feb 23, 2007
    Wroughton, UK
    The point of a forum is to exchange information and to express opinions.
    Topics like this exist because people enjoy specific advice and speculation.
    On another note, this is just my opinion. I would prefer to wait a few months for the new chip set that has come out. If your happy to wait, wait. If you can't wait get it now. :apple:
  13. apajusi thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 19, 2007
    will the speed and battery life gains be worth it to wait for santa rosa and robson? will these technologies make it into the macbook by say..the end of Q2 07? Also, what new features do you expect to see in ilife 07? Besides iWeb, I can't think of anything that would need improving.
    Also, on another note, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Robson Vs. a hybrid disk combining NAND and HDD on one drive?
  14. bob marley macrumors newbie

    Feb 26, 2007

    Even if apple is a great company, so no offense, every company either has bugs or releases some(cough hi microsoft) on purpose on early software.

    I'd reccomend getting Tiger now, because its a senior o/s and you wont run into any problems. Buy leopard/iLife later
  15. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a


    Feb 25, 2007
    Digital World
    LED-lit MacBooks are probably going to be released with the second-generation Penryns in 2008. Also definetly wait until Leopard because of Resolution Independence and other improvements.
  16. dvader macrumors regular

    Feb 17, 2007
    How long does it usually take for a software or hardware to be fully mature and not have any bugs and whatnots?
  17. quigleybc macrumors 68030


    Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I said F waiting and bought a Macbook last night....I've been saving since October (see sig)

    I really don't anticipate Leopard before WWDC

    can't wait to get it.....:apple:

Share This Page