Should I wait or order online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnikhil, Sep 22, 2016.

1. mnikhil macrumors newbie

So I was extremely unlucky on September 9th since my AT&T business premier login was not working and I was not able to pre order the 7+ Black 128gb online. I thought I would just wait til the 16th and try and pick one up on launch but as we already know that was not possible.

So now it has been 2 weeks since Pre-Orders began and 1 week since launch. What would be the fastest way of getting the phone? Should I order online or wait til they have stock in stores? Will AT&T and Apple supply phones to pre ordered and online orders before they will keep stock in their own stores?

I also believe since I am AT&T Business Account I will be forced to purchase the phones from AT&T directly.

Thanks in advanced.

2. RIPstevejobs macrumors regular

who cares. do you feel like going to an apple store ? or not ?

in the grand scheme, what difference does it make.

3. Cschwartzy720 macrumors newbie

Cschwartzy720

Fastest way right now is to stalk the Istocknow site and the Apple reservation page early in the morning. I did that and easy snagged a Verizon 7Plus 128 Matte Black from one of my local stores within 1 day of "trying".

4. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I just ordered online myself today. While I'm excited for it I spent way too much time looking for availability at stores for my iPhone 6 and driving myself crazy and to stores where the web said phones were available when they really weren't. Now I know round about when I expect to get the phone and with any luck it'll get here sooner.

5. mnikhil thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the Istocknow website only track apple store inventory?

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

One day? Must be nice. It tool me 4 days to land a 128GB Matte Black (AT&T).

7. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

+1 on the Apple Store reservation and I stock website. I snagged a 32gb matte black the first time I tried, 2 days after launch day (Sunday). When I made my reservation they had all colors and sizes except jet black for every carrier.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I checked this morning and again now. Local Apple stores around me have TONS of iPhone 7' in stock, just not JB color. Who knows what the ATT stores have..

9. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

No way you're finding Jet Black. I have heard of no one to find one local. Matte Black only.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yes.. as stated before, lots of stock other than Jet Black..

11. mnikhil, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

mnikhil thread starter macrumors newbie

Ended up just going in and placing an order today at AT&T.

An apple store about 45 min away actually has the exact phone I want at but since I have an AT&T business premier account I wouldn't be able to buy it there :( so upsetting.