Should i wait? Should i do this now ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GuNNeR-1995, Feb 23, 2011.

  1. GuNNeR-1995 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
    #1
    Okay so i have finally got the money to buy an iMac.
    Im currently in the UK and im going back to Kuwait on the 27th.
    Im looking to buy an iMac, and looking to take it in the plane with me, so NO to the 27". Its also way too big for me and i dont need it.
    So which one of the 21.5 should i get,
    Im not going to Edit photos and videos.
    Its going to be for Everyday web browsing, chatting and the occasional games, I do however wish for my iMac to ATLEAST RUN most of the games.
    And im looking for it to last.
    NOW THE BIG QUESTION,
    Im looking to buy it in the UK as it is significantly cheeper with my brothers Student Discount.
    But should i wait for newer models or buy it now.
    I dont wanna do the same mistake i did with my xbox. I bought it then 4 days later. THE NEW XBOX SLIM :(
    So what do you think

    Many Thanks to everyone who took the time to read it and give me advice.
     
  2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

    ngenerator

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Location:
    USG Ishimura
    #2
  3. GuNNeR-1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
    #3
    Thanks for the reply,
    Do you think it'll be such a significent difference that will be noticed greatly, not in editing and video things. Im not interested in that. In everyday use,
    And which iMac should i go for ?
    The only reason i see the 3.2GHz is worth it is maybe because of the Graphics card 512mbm. Does it make a BIG difference.?
     
  4. ngenerator, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

    ngenerator macrumors 68000

    ngenerator

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Location:
    USG Ishimura
    #4
    I ordered one last Friday, should be receiving it today or tomorrow. Regardless of whether or not a new one gets announced this week or tomorrow, I'm still looking forward to getting mine. It's my first Mac, after years of PCs. I bought the 3.2GHz i3, the 512mb should be just fine for my uses. I mainly got it for the bump in the processor and the 1TB HDD. And I saved $230 by buying a refurb through the :apple: online store

    Edit: Plus, nobody knows if the updates will come out by the 27th
     
  5. GuNNeR-1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
    #5
    But here in the UK, Its more expensive, and i dont want a refurb. Its £250 more.
    Is it really worth it, Wont the 3.06 be enough ?
    I had a dell inspiron laptop before that, the diff will already be huge wont it?
     
  6. ngenerator macrumors 68000

    ngenerator

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Location:
    USG Ishimura
    #6
    Yeah, I had a Dell XPS 210 mini tower (I think it was 1.86GHz) and the 3.06 i3 that I played with in Best Buy blew that thing out of the water. To be honest, if I didn't need the 1TB hard drive (I have about 100GB of music, and lots and lots of movies and TV shows), I would definitely have gone with the 3.06.

    I just went with a refurb because I saved $230 off the regular price, and I know that the refurb goes through more rigorous testing compared to brand new computers.
     

Share This Page