Should I wait to buy a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by snowpea, Jun 16, 2008.

  1. snowpea macrumors newbie

    Jun 16, 2008
    Hi all,

    I'm new to this forum, and came across it while trying to decide if I should make my switch from PC to Mac for the new school year. I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable about the apple world knows whether or not there will be updates to the Macbook before September. I just didn't want to buy a macbook only to have a new version come out in a few months. I know that Montevino will be coming in the fall, but I want to take advantage of Apple's education discount.

    Thanks for the help!
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    The Education Discount is year-long. The iPod thing is only over the summer so that they can clear out old stock for the new iPods in September.
  3. scienide09 macrumors 65816


    May 5, 2007
    Hello, and welcome to the forums.

    The best rule of thumb is to wait if you can. There will always be something new around the corner, and new updates come along often.

    No one here knows for sure. However, with Apple's close relation with Intel, the release of Montevina will likely mean new MacBooks late summer/early fall. This will be a minor upgrade.

    Don't look for major changes until some time in 2009, when the release of Nehalem may spark a case redesign. There are tonnes of threads on that topic, so just use the forum search function to find more information.
  4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020


    Aug 16, 2007
    Why wait? Buy now if you need/want one... Waiting only keeps you without a Mac for that much longer. Right?

Share This Page