Should I wait to buy a new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TTBLE, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. TTBLE macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2007
    #1
    I know this has probably been asked a million times but should I wait for Leopard to by my new IMAC? I lost my IMAC in a fire about 2 months ago and am waiting for my insurance settlement. To keep me going I picked up a used MacBook on EBay but I am itching for the a non Windows Desktop. If I don't wait, any idea what the upgrade will cost? Is Apple offering any incentives to buy know and upgrade later?

    Thanks
     
  2. Grenadier macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    #2
    Its a strange situation you see - normally I would say wait, since the iMacs have poor GPUs which are holding them back like a tank with no turret, HOWEVER, the issue is that theyve only just updated them, so...
    well, buy now is what I say, unless you want to play games or do ANY intensive 3D applications, in which buy a Mac Pro (if you can afford it - few can though), or...buy a hackint0sh.
     
  3. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2007
    #3
    Well I have been waiting for over a year now and I am still not going buy one just yet. Although the new iMac does look nice I think there will be refinements from Apple. I hope they will sort out the wireless keyboard not having a number pad. I think that is an oversight really, I know they are thinking that people who want wireless may be holding it on their lap so it would be easier to have a laptop style keyboard but what about those who just don't want wires on their desk. I also think that their graphics card may be upgraded to the PRO version. There is also the Apple remote magnet issue, lol! Primarily I am holding out for Leopard. I'm not sure any refinements will come by October but who knows, maybe they will come in January, what do others think?
     
  4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

    killerrobot

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #4
    I'd say buy it now- they were just upgraded and if you really want Leopard I suppose you could wait two months, but really it's only going to be around 100 dollars to upgrade from Tiger.
     

Share This Page