Should I wait to buy an iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Naweki, Dec 29, 2010.

  1. Naweki macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2010
    #1
    Hi Guys, I'm just looking for a little bit of advice.

    I recently ordered an 27" iMac Intel i7 and was accepted for Apple Finance. However, I'm still waiting for the documents to sign so I can still change my mind.

    I have looked through threads on the forum as well as the Buyer's Guide which is neutral at the moment but I've been made aware that the iMac is likely to have an upgrade relatively soon so I'm wondering if I should wait.

    I don't want to end up buying a £1500 iMac and it be upgraded the following month. If you offer any advice that would be great.

    Best Regards
    Robert Roy
     
  2. stridemat Moderator

    stridemat

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    What are you going to do on the iMac? Photoshop? Dreamweaver? etc?
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    Don't worry, iMacs won't be updated anytime soon. Q2 2011 seems most likely
     
  4. Naweki thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2010
    #4
    Wow, thanks for your quick replies!

    I'll be using it for a variety of things. I'm a Digital Media student so I'll be using it for both Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects & Premier Pro. I will also be running Autodesk 3DS Max in Windows.

    I don't play many games but I'd like to have the option to. At the moment it's just WoW (don't berate me) which is hardly graphic intensive.

    Glad to hear it, that seems reasonable. Any idea what is likely to be upgraded?
     
  5. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #5
    Likely just new CPUs (Sandy Bridge) and GPUs (AMD 6xxxM)
     

Share This Page