Should I wait to buy in store or order online now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BLee17, Jun 18, 2012.

1. BLee17 macrumors member

Hi guys! Recently decided to buy a retina MBP and am excited! However, missed the early order boat. Do you think it would be wise to wait on a Best Buy or Apple store option or try to order online? The online store is 3-4 weeks out and I want 16 GB on my rMBP. Any advice?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

retina MBPs have started trickling into Best Buy, if you have one that has a mini apple store inside it. Drop by for a visit. They only carry the 8gb flavor however.

Personally, I ordered through apple, while it does mean waiting, I don't need to keep calling my local apple stores and/or best buys. What's another month when I've been waiting for the Ivy Bridge upgrade since January ;)

3. leenak macrumors 68020

3-4 weeks will pass in no time so I'd recommend ordering online. Plus if you want a non-standard config, you won't find those in stores.

4. Pipper99, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

You could place an online order and keep checking the Apple Store and Best Buy for the next few weeks: if you find it at a store between now and then, just cancel your online order.

Oops, I completely overlooked that you want 16gb of RAM. As Meever stated, online is your online option.

5. boto macrumors 6502

boto

If you want a customized 16 GB ram, online is your best bet.

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

16gb is bto option so I think online is the ONLY way to go ;p

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I'm in the mall of Georgia store now and they have retinas