Should I wait to buy my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DVNO, Jul 27, 2009.

1. DVNO macrumors newbie

After the death of my iBook and the leaving of my school that supplied me with a macbook, I am mac-less (might as well be computer-less). I have enough money to buy a used macbook but have heard the rumors about an apple tablet. Should I wait to see if this tablet could be the right thing for me, or should I go ahead and buy the macbook. I loved my other macbook, but I'm afraid I will regret not waiting for the tablet to drop. Please let me know what you think.

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

No, the tablet rumors have been around for years and they're still nothing more than that.

Buy what you need when you need it. Now is a good time because they just refreshed the lineup.

3. joehahn macrumors regular

if you dont have a computer.....why even bother asking?

4. DVNO thread starter macrumors newbie

Out of stock :( . Also, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can buy my used macbook? The only seller I ever bought from was powerbook guy and he focuses on powerpc models. I heard macmall was a good place to buy from.

5. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

It's great for the price and has the new 9400M, I would wait for it to be in stock.

6. DVNO thread starter macrumors newbie

I have pc's. I'm not sure what to make of this question unless the rumored tablet won't run os x. Then I see where you are coming from.

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It all depends on what you would use the tablet for. If it's just for a gimmick because it'll be a 'touch screen Mac', and you think there's possibly a chance of the novelty eventually wearing off, buy a refurbished Macbook White. If it's for graphic work, illustrating and drawing, or needed for your job, then buy a refurbished Macbook White and sell it when the tablet comes out to pay towards the tablet.

Or buy this.

8. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

At $750, depending on where you live, you could potentially buy a used unibody MacBook. I got mine on Craigslist for far less than this, and it still has nearly 8 months of warranty left.

If there is ever going to be a Mac tablet, you will not be able to afford it at your current budget. ;)

9. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

if you live in a big state. or not... lol
    try searching craigslist, my sister bought hers off of craigslist, it's 2.1GHz and had a superdrive WhiteBook. It's sweeet and mint!

:) we bought it for $500 everything was working, and it came with the backup disks. * no apple remote though :/ *

I want to get a new WhiteBook, preferably the one with the other intel gfx card or the nvidia if i get lucky!

10. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Agreed, but I think this is the year for the Apple tablet. However from the rumors, it'll just be some sort of bigger iPhone...

11. DVNO thread starter macrumors newbie

I am amazed that you were able to find a unibody at such a low price. I live in LA so there I imagine I can find a similar deal. My overall budget is $850 so I will definitely look for a unibody. Thanks guys, if you come across any sales online feel free to PM them to me. Thanks again :)