should I wait to buy until 20o8 Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deafanimator, Dec 6, 2007.

  1. deafanimator macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    #1
    I am thinking about buying a Macbook Pro 17". What I see now it is offering the fastest CPU is 2.6 with 4 gb memory ram which is 667mhz speed.

    I know it change few times last a year and half from 1.8ghz CPU speed until 2.0ghz and 2.33ghz.

    I am not sure which rumor is fact that will come out in Jan 2008 or in summer of 2008 for new Macbook Pro which will have new Montevina CPU. Will this be like over 3ghz and over 1000mhz memory ram? Will this is big different and much faster than current Apple offering the Macbook pro?

    I want to know if I should wait or just go ahead buy now. I am not sure if new Macbook Pro will increase the price next year?

    Any suggestion will be appericated. I am buy Mac for video editing and will use via HD camcorder.

    Thanks for your time.

    Craig
     
  2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

    basesloaded190

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #2
    if you need it now, buy it now, if you don't wait and see what comes out early next year. i think everyone will agree with me on this and its going to be the most common response your going to get here
     
  3. powerchord macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Location:
    right where I am
    #3
    It's only a few weeks until an anticipated update. If you can, wait it out and make up your mind then.
     
  4. JFreak macrumors 68040

    JFreak

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Location:
    Tampere, Finland
  5. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #5
    If you can wait to see what is announced at MWSF in 1 month, then wait. Worst case, you'll be buying the current 2.4GHz model and possibly for less than it is selling today on a closeout from Apple or Amazon.

    The Montevina is the platform/motherboard (that will utilize the Penryn CPU's that should be shipping late Jan or Feb) will be shipping in the second half of 2008. Late 2008 is your best chance of 3GHz and faster than 800MHz motherboard/RAM speed.
     
  6. skye12 macrumors 65816

    skye12

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Location:
    Austin, Tx
    #6
    No reason to buy when updates are just weeks away. And it means
    the current machines will be hundreds cheaper in all probability.
     

Share This Page