Should I wait to purchase an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by funkybunch78, Feb 22, 2008.

  1. funkybunch78 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    #1
    My wife and I are ready to purchase our first iMac to begin our switch over to Apple. She would like to purchase the iMac this weekend but I am wondering if we should wait to see what the updates people think will be announced shortly. What would you suggest? Do people think there is going to be a big update to the iMac or just a minor speed boost and video card boost?

    Any thoughts/suggestions are very much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Funkybunch
     
  2. tersono macrumors 68000

    tersono

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    I'm sure there will be updates sometime between now and summer, but it's the old story - if you need it now, buy it now. The current iMac is a superb computer (I'm typing this on one), and whenever you buy it's going to wind up out of date in a few months anyhow ;)

    If you want to spend your money safely, however, why not buy a refurb? They're just as good as brand new, save you a load of dough and give you that nice fuzzy feeling that says "never mind, I got a good machine at a GREAT price" when they DO update the iMac :p
     

Share This Page