Should I wait to see what comes in 08 for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edwardz, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Edwardz macrumors regular

Hello!
    My family and I are in the market for buying my Dad and iPhone for Christmas; however, I know of the rumor that 3G might come to the iPhone sometime in 08. We're tied between waiting for my Dad's birthday in July to buy him one then and to wait it out to see if anything new comes to the iPhone in the U.S., or go with the purchase for one for him this Christmas.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks [:

2. camarobh macrumors 6502

Now

Buy it for him now. He will love it. If you wait for the "right time" to buy technology you will never buy anything.

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I personally wouildnt be surprised if the new one came after his birthday. I'd buy it now personally

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Edge isn't as bad as everyone says. It is very usable. Buy it now. I frickin love my iPhone. And I'm a hard person to please.

5. wizard macrumors 68040

Find out what he wants and needs first

It may seem obvious but what does he need first and what does he want second. He may or may not want a new phone, but realize that old guys are set in their ways.

As to the issue of planning when to buy it is always a case of buy now if you need it. With the IPhone though you do have the possibility of a revised model being delivered by July. Is that worth the wait? Probably not. Unless of course the old guy is really wired.

Dave