Should I wait to sell my 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g8orballboy, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. g8orballboy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    #1
    The craigslist and ebay market seem to be putting non unlockable 32gig 3GS's at around 350. I've had mine up on craigslist for a week and the best offer i've gotten is 300. The phone is in near perfect condition and i have 4 high quality images of it.

    My question is... is this as good as I'm going to get or is the market going to get better? The reason i think it may get better is that currently the market is over saturated, and a non unlocked phone like mine (i didn't jailbreak until after upgrading to 3.1.3...doh) doesn't go for as much to begin with. If i wait for iOS4 and hope a jailbreak with an unlock comes out, in about a month, and when people realize that the higher ETF's may make older used phones more marketable.... would it be insane to think the prices may go up a bit and i could get more if i wait? Or is 300 the best i'm probably going to do and it may actually get worse... so i should sell now?

    If i was elligble, i wouldn't care and i'd take the 300 and swap it out and call it a day, but for some reason i'm not elligble and $200 more for the upgrade is a bit hard to swallow after buying an ipad. if i could sell at around 400 and get the upgrade cost down to about 100... I'd bite.

    sell now or wait and see..... thoughts?
     
  2. christyn macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Location:
    Salt Lake
    #2
    I doubt waiting is going to make much difference at this point.
     
  3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

    citron230

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2007
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #3
    i would wait. its a bitch living w/out an iphone even for a week or two
     
  4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

    dissdnt

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    #4
    If it's in good condition dump it on Radio Shack or Best Buy, they'll probably give you 280 or more for it, depends. Less headache.
     
  5. wr1020 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #5
    I'm waiting until i get the 4 to sell my 3gs. I think i have a friend lined up to buy it so i think i'm good. If he doesn't come through i might just ebay it and get what i can for it.
     
  6. Tdaws21 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    #6
    going... going... gone

    I sold mine yesterday for $350. I wanted to wait b/c I hate going without it, but I did not want the market to go down. The $350 will pay for my 32GB iPhone 4 with a little left over for screen protectors or a case.
     

Share This Page