Should I wait to sell my 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g8orballboy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. g8orballboy macrumors regular

The craigslist and ebay market seem to be putting non unlockable 32gig 3GS's at around 350. I've had mine up on craigslist for a week and the best offer i've gotten is 300. The phone is in near perfect condition and i have 4 high quality images of it.

My question is... is this as good as I'm going to get or is the market going to get better? The reason i think it may get better is that currently the market is over saturated, and a non unlocked phone like mine (i didn't jailbreak until after upgrading to 3.1.3...doh) doesn't go for as much to begin with. If i wait for iOS4 and hope a jailbreak with an unlock comes out, in about a month, and when people realize that the higher ETF's may make older used phones more marketable.... would it be insane to think the prices may go up a bit and i could get more if i wait? Or is 300 the best i'm probably going to do and it may actually get worse... so i should sell now?

If i was elligble, i wouldn't care and i'd take the 300 and swap it out and call it a day, but for some reason i'm not elligble and $200 more for the upgrade is a bit hard to swallow after buying an ipad. if i could sell at around 400 and get the upgrade cost down to about 100... I'd bite.

sell now or wait and see..... thoughts?

2. christyn macrumors 6502a

I doubt waiting is going to make much difference at this point.

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i would wait. its a bitch living w/out an iphone even for a week or two

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

If it's in good condition dump it on Radio Shack or Best Buy, they'll probably give you 280 or more for it, depends. Less headache.

5. wr1020 macrumors regular

I'm waiting until i get the 4 to sell my 3gs. I think i have a friend lined up to buy it so i think i'm good. If he doesn't come through i might just ebay it and get what i can for it.

6. Tdaws21 macrumors newbie

going... going... gone

I sold mine yesterday for $350. I wanted to wait b/c I hate going without it, but I did not want the market to go down. The $350 will pay for my 32GB iPhone 4 with a little left over for screen protectors or a case.