Should I wait until WWDC to get my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toffa813, May 25, 2010.

1. toffa813 macrumors regular

With the Back to School deal starting today, I really want to buy my MBP very soon for when I start college in the fall. And even though they were just updated, should I still wait until WWDC to buy it?

-my bad on the selling thing
    -I think I'll buy in the next couple days, thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you can afford to wait it couldn't hurt, but WWDC is going to be iPhone-centric. Any update is going to be very minor, and it probably won't happen at all.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buy now, you have 14 days to return it and you have a bigger chance of winning in a lottery than seeing updated MBPs in WWDC

P.S. Remove your P.S. as you're not allowed to sell anything outside MarketPlace

4. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Following Apple's history, I doubt anything will be updated for the MacBook line anytime soon.

5. vant macrumors 65816

iLife '10 might be announced, but that is about it for MBPs.

6. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

7. troy14 macrumors 6502a

The Macbook line / Macbook Pro line has just been updated last month, I don't think they will update it soon...

Buy it.

Just got my new 13" MB pro and I couldn't be happier, the battery life is INSANE!

8. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I don't think they will announce anything new at WWDC (that would cause you to regret buying a new MBP) so I would get one!

Think of the fun you are going have! You will have it to start off the summer right!

You won't regret it!

-P

9. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

WWDC is less than 2 weeks away...can you really not wait 2 weeks? BTW, new macbook pros were announced at WWDC last year I believe (or the year before), so anything can happen.

10. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Might wait it out.

One, albeit minute possibility, would be a processor upgrade for the 13 inchers.

Drop CoreI3 or I5 procs in lieu of the C2Ds....Just a thought...I'd have pulled the trigger this time around if they'd have been included in last month's update. I love the size of the small MBP for traveling, the couch, etc.

Our 13" MB is 3 years old this month, my 15MBP is 3 this fall...Looking to replace both this year, so I'm wating it out. For no other reason than to "make sure" there's no (even minor) updates.

Even though you can return the purchase in 2 weeks, it's a PITA to reconstruct a personal laptop, IMO. Best avoided if possible:)

Jer

11. TBFoxRDMS macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat - drooling over a new 13" MBP and I've been waiting for BTS sale. BUT, I don't want to order it and then new iLife comes out and I have to pay to upgrade as happened to me once before. If no announcement at WWDC I'm pulling the trigger.
    Traci

12. qaz2 macrumors newbie

While they're not going to update the NBP again so soon, the iPod touch is due for an update. So it makes sense to wait if you're going for the BTS deal.

13. Hadron macrumors regular

Traditionally iPods are updated in September.

The Air is due an update, but I really wouldn't expect updates to the MBP in the near future. Of course I've no inside information, but as they've only just been updated it seems unlikely.

14. danistyping macrumors regular

You technically don't have to pay to update iLife or most apple software...

I know I'm going to make some people angry on here, but apple doesn't secure their cheaper software with serials. You could hypothetically just download it and install it. Thats it. It is technically illegal.

15. tim100 macrumors 65816

16. mark28 macrumors 68000

Buy it now. WWDC is likely to be the Mac Pro and the Iphone HD.

Intel just released their new Ultra Voltage CPU's so possibly a Macbook Air update. But don't expect a MBP update so soon.:p

17. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Don't hesitate... Buy It Now! :)

I've been using PowerBooks & MacBook Pros for years. These new Core i5 / i7 machines are fantastic! There is _no_ reason to wait.

Cheers...

18. James21090 macrumors newbie

I am also in this boat, I understand that chances of a hardware upgrade to either the 13" MBP or the ipod touch are minimal, however what are the chances of software upgrades or a price drop to the MBP. There is obviously iphone OS 4.0, will this be released straight away?, but what about MBP software such as iLife 10, will this be likely?

Thanks

19. zedsdead macrumors 68040

The Macbook Pro was just updated. Nothing for it is coming at WWDC. Buy it now and enjoy it.

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

A price drop? The ever arrogant, obscenely greedy, Steve Jobs is not about to reduce the price!