Should I wait

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nofx2312000, Feb 11, 2011.

  1. nofx2312000 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    #1
    Here is my question. I am in school and need a laptop bad. my current windows peice of junk pc is on it last leg. My question is should i wait till the new mac,s come out when ever that might be. Hopefully with Lion as the os. my thing is i dont want to go out and buy a mac and then a month or two latter they have new ones in it place.
     
  2. Kauai macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    #2
    You answered your own question.
     
  3. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #3
    Lion won't be out until at least July and possibly later.
    What are your needs? If it's just e-mail/surfing/music that doesn't stress the processor much.
     
  4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

    AdamRock

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Location:
    Toronto
    #4
    I thought Steve said June?
     
  5. FmaxTurboSi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Location:
    socal
    #5
    YES WAIT!

    My hp died last october. I've just been using my desktop since then. Sucks not having a laptop at school. Hopefully it'll be less than a month to go until the new mbp's come out.
     
  6. skidmarc macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2011
    #6
    Think about your current and any future needs, computer-wise. Determine if a current MB or MBP will do the trick for you. If you are not running any processor/gpu intensive programs you should be fine with what's out there now.

    Depends on how bad you need a new laptop too. If you buy a current MB/MBP you could sell it later to offset the cost of the latest edition.

    Keep in mind that you will never remain abreast of technology (unless you have deep pockets) ...just use it to suit your needs.
     
  7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

    docal97

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Location:
    Southampton
    #7
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    At this point, if u can wait, wait. If u can't, then u answered ur own question about what to do.
     
  8. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #8
    Maybe I misread it. Even so, I wouldn't touch the first release of Lion; I'd wait for at least 10.7.1 so they get the first batch of bugs out, plus allow app developers to make sure things run on Lion.
     
  9. JustCreepin' macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #9
    At this point, if you have an account on this site, and you HAVE to ask...then the only logical answer is WAIT.

    If you really needed it you would have blindly bought it, then registered on the site, and be starting a thread on "Just bought a new MBP and heard about a new MBP and how long until it comes out and will the Apple Store replace it free and how come Apple sold it to me and IT'S NOT FAIR!"

    It's about mid-February now...school ends in May/June...so what, 3-4 months, tops? If your computer craps out before they release a new MB/MBP, then you'll find a way to make it work.

    Sorry for the reality check.
     
  10. Treeman574 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Location:
    QLD, Australia
    #10
    I survived all of high school without a laptop, but will be getting one for uni. I imagine you will be looking to get a 13" model for portability so wait. The sb is a huge update from C2D.

    Just learn to live with the pen an paper for a little while longer.
     
  11. Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    #11
    I am in highschool and i am waiting, be patient. it wioo not ship with lion, lion comes out in the summer and feb-may is spring so you can

    Buy now and upgrade os
    Buy later and upgrade os
    Buy with lion preinstalled during the summer
     
  12. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Plano, TX
    #12
    I just bought my MBP last week. When Lion is released, don't we get a free upgrade to it?
     
  13. torbjoern macrumors 65816

    torbjoern

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    The Black Lodge
    #13
    Do you really really need it now, or not?
     
  14. mdgm macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    #14
    No, if past history is anything to go by

    Once Apple releases Lion, they'll release an upgrade DVD and sell it for the cost of shipping to people who purchase Macs after a certain date (should be around or perhaps a little before when Lion is released, not months before)
     

Share This Page