Should I wait...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macattack2012, Jan 1, 2012.

1. macattack2012 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so there is all of this talk about an altered MBA possibly coming out in the first quarter of 2012. I am interested in the refurbished MBA 13inch, I am wondering if it is okay to purchase a refurbished MBA now... I am just hesitant because I don't want the prices to decrease 100-200 dollars right after I buy one. If the 15 inch MBA does become a reality, would the refurbished prices on the MBA even change?

Thanks

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Bollocks, if, and it's a big IF, there is to be a 15" MBA there's no way its going to be available in Q1 2012. If you need a 15" machine buy a MBP. I bought a 13" MBA a month or so ago, it' a great piece of kit.

Stewart

3. JMS803 macrumors member

Rumors right now put a refresh around may, not so sure if a 15" is certain.

4. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I doubt the prices on the 13" would change too much. I'd go ahead and grab the 13" now if I were you

5. anirudh macrumors 6502

I just bought a 13" base air and I couldn't have been happier. Even if Apple does come out with a design change, my Air looses about 200-300 dollars in value. Seeing as how new airs will not be released until Q2 or ever Q3 2012, its a fair depreciation if I do want the latest and greatest. Since you are buying refurbished, you would lose even less. Don't think about it too much man, sure it's a big purchase, but this baby is gonna keep you happy and satisfied for a long time ;)

Oh and just my opinion, but there's no way a 15" air is going to be released. Why? Because the 13" MBP already faces a tough competition from the Air. And after the introduction of Ivy Bridge, the gap blurs even more. I think we will continue to have the 11" and 13" airs and 15" and 17" Pros. If you DO want a pro however (you haven't mentioned what you intend to do with your machine), I would suggest waiting for the new ones as there are wide spread rumors about a complete redesign of the pros.