Should I wait...?

macattack2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
1
0
Hey guys, so there is all of this talk about an altered MBA possibly coming out in the first quarter of 2012. I am interested in the refurbished MBA 13inch, I am wondering if it is okay to purchase a refurbished MBA now... I am just hesitant because I don't want the prices to decrease 100-200 dollars right after I buy one. If the 15 inch MBA does become a reality, would the refurbished prices on the MBA even change?

Thanks
 

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
187
0
South Yorkshire
Hey guys, so there is all of this talk about an altered MBA possibly coming out in the first quarter of 2012. I am interested in the refurbished MBA 13inch, I am wondering if it is okay to purchase a refurbished MBA now... I am just hesitant because I don't want the prices to decrease 100-200 dollars right after I buy one. If the 15 inch MBA does become a reality, would the refurbished prices on the MBA even change?

Thanks
Bollocks, if, and it's a big IF, there is to be a 15" MBA there's no way its going to be available in Q1 2012. If you need a 15" machine buy a MBP. I bought a 13" MBA a month or so ago, it' a great piece of kit.

Stewart
 

JMS803

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
35
0
Rumors right now put a refresh around may, not so sure if a 15" is certain.
 

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
476
0
India
I just bought a 13" base air and I couldn't have been happier. Even if Apple does come out with a design change, my Air looses about 200-300 dollars in value. Seeing as how new airs will not be released until Q2 or ever Q3 2012, its a fair depreciation if I do want the latest and greatest. Since you are buying refurbished, you would lose even less. Don't think about it too much man, sure it's a big purchase, but this baby is gonna keep you happy and satisfied for a long time ;)

Oh and just my opinion, but there's no way a 15" air is going to be released. Why? Because the 13" MBP already faces a tough competition from the Air. And after the introduction of Ivy Bridge, the gap blurs even more. I think we will continue to have the 11" and 13" airs and 15" and 17" Pros. If you DO want a pro however (you haven't mentioned what you intend to do with your machine), I would suggest waiting for the new ones as there are wide spread rumors about a complete redesign of the pros.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.