Should I wait?


macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
I really want a new 17inch PB, but I keep hearing stuff about a new speedbump or system overhaul. Is there any truth to these rumors? I really need to know because I would like to buy one rather soon for school.


macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....please....please....look at some of the countless threads that already exist before starting yet another redundant one. None of the rumours will be confirmed as truth until at least Monday's Steve keynote at WWDC...until then nobody really knows for sure.....oh yeah!


macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
WWDC is on Monday so if something is going to be update, it could this week. They were updated in January, so a June, or July is possible. If you are a student look though you could receive an additional $100 off if you get your Mac by June 25th. The update is only expected to be a speed bump. If a surprise were to occur and it's a new processor, then the adage applies, that it's better to wait for Rev. B.

If you really need PowerBook soon, why not go ahead and enjoy.